chocolatemonkey7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
if a substance is heated in air (for complete combustion), then what temp would the air be (in order to find the volume of gas produced using PV=nRT) ?? room temp???
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You would be told it, in a Q, or you would measure/set it if it were a practical.

Oooh, my 1000th post. How ordinary. I meant to save it up for something special, or witty.
chocolatemonkey7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The question didn't give me any info about the temp. it just said ' what volume of gas would be produced when 1.06g of the pigment is heated in air' i just thought i had to use the ideal gas equation since i was working out a volume??
Infraspecies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chocolatemonkey7)
The question didn't give me any info about the temp. it just said ' what volume of gas would be produced when 1.06g of the pigment is heated in air' i just thought i had to use the ideal gas equation since i was working out a volume??
Assume RTP, if the temperature is not intimated otherwise.
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which exam board?

OCR A use both PV = nRT and 1 mol = 24.0 dm3, the second method will do if they don't state T.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.45%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.38%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.75%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.87%

Watched Threads