Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an international student at Brighton uni this year, and actually one question is now always in my mind: is Brighton university good and respectable?
    Ok, it sounds like a question you heard many times. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, because all depend what matter for you, and personally I don't care about bars, clubs, restaurants, shops... the most important thing is the univeristy, so I didn't choose Brighton because it's Brighton (and I don't have pink hair).
    I fear it might be hard for serious Brighton students (because there are also party animals) to be considered as good as other students in the UK.
    Sometimes people say that the name of your university is not the most important thing, but employers care about what you want to do with your degree and who you are.
    But imagine that you graduated from Brighton and you now have good skills, personnality and everything else positive and usefull. In front of you there is a student from a top uni with the same degree and "same profile". Honnestly, who will get the job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueHippo)
    Hi, I'm an international student at Brighton uni this year, and actually one question is now always in my mind: is Brighton university good and respectable?
    Ok, it sounds like a question you heard many times. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, because all depend what matter for you, and personally I don't care about bars, clubs, restaurants, shops... the most important thing is the univeristy, so I didn't choose Brighton because it's Brighton (and I don't have pink hair).
    I fear it might be hard for serious Brighton students (because there are also party animals) to be considered as good as other students in the UK.
    Sometimes people say that the name of your university is not the most important thing, but employers care about what you want to do with your degree and who you are.
    But imagine that you graduated from Brighton and you now have good skills, personnality and everything else positive and usefull. In front of you there is a student from a top uni with the same degree and "same profile". Honnestly, who will get the job?
    I dont party/drink/club im there for my future and ill tell you its average. Pritty much average as a University and Qualification but the name and the city supports it.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.