Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How good is Reading Uni and its Politics course. Is it well know, highly sourt after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    How good is Reading Uni and its Politics course. Is it well know, highly sourt after
    I don't know much about the uni, it's ranked around the 20-30th mark so it's a good uni. I live near Reading so if you have any questions about the town I will try to answer them

ReputationRep:
    How good is the nightlife there? are there many decent clubs and are they all full of townies? do u think that u should be proud to be a Reading student?

ReputationRep:
    How good is the nightlife there? are there many decent clubs and are they all full of townies? do u think that u should be proud to be a Reading student?
    Well, obviously Reading isn't a big city so the nightlife isn't as good as somewhere like Manchester. There are some good clubs though, and not many townies! Reading has more grungers than townies, that's a good thing about it! Another good thing is that London is only about 20 minutes away by train, so if you get bored of the clubs there you can just go to London. There's a good shopping centre (In fact, I'm going shopping there on friday). I'm not applying to Reading because it's too near, but it's a nice town/city. I don't know too much about the uni as i said, but I'd be happy living there

ReputationRep:
    thanx, thats helped quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    thanx, thats helped quite a bit
    That's ok You have an offer from Reading then? Where else do you have offers from? Some of my mates are going to apply there because they want to live at home for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Ive got offers from Nottingham, Sussex, Cardiff and Nottingham Trent. What r ur friends doin? they must liked the uni then

ReputationRep:
    Ive got offers from Nottingham, Sussex, Cardiff and Nottingham Trent. What r ur friends doin? they must liked the uni then
    They havent applied yet (I'm in year 12). One is going to do psychology, the other social work. I think the main reason they're applying is because it's a good uni and near to home. What do you think of the other unis youve applied to? I went to cardiff the other week and i really liked it!

ReputationRep:
    i thought cardiff was ok
    nice buildings but not one one main campus. Nottinghams the nicest thoe

ReputationRep:
    i thought cardiff was ok
    nice buildings but not one one main campus. Nottinghams the nicest thoe
    I'm visiting Nottingham on the 21st. I'm not sure if I will prefer a campus or not. On one hand I think it would be good, but it might be a bit claustrophobic. I liked the fact that Cardiff was so near the city centre, and most the buildings are near each other anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Reading (when not at uni)...the uni has a really nice green campus, big lake, will be really nice in summer. Its not too big, and all the accomodation is on, or very near to the campus. The nightlife in Reading is really good for a town its size, though can be a bit expensive at the weekend (not sure what the best student night out during the week is though). Reading hasn't got many huge clubs, however there are loads of bars with dancefloors, and I would say there's a fair few townies, however they usually are in Wetherspoons or O'Neills, so avoid there and you'll be fine. The streets are really safe at night as well, there's always a big police presence, and if any sort of incident occurs then literally 10 policemen will be there within minutes. I'm glad I grew up in Reading, there's always plenty to do and you never get bored of it there.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.