Alevel further maths for oxford (exdexcel) Watch

NatoHeadshot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i am so far doing c1 c2 m1 this year in school and i will have prepared these and maybe a bit of c3 by the time next year for the novemember oxford pat. I was wondering do i need fp1 s1 and those modules? or is it enough if i study c3 over the summer?
PLEASE HELP
Lau14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NatoHeadshot)
i am so far doing c1 c2 m1 this year in school and i will have prepared these and maybe a bit of c3 by the time next year for the novemember oxford pat. I was wondering do i need fp1 s1 and those modules? or is it enough if i study c3 over the summer?
PLEASE HELP
The PAT is technically based on roughly C1 and C2 for the maths half (although it varies by exam board and last year a few things that generally aren't covered until C3/C4 came up). You definitely don't need further maths for it. There's a syllabus for the PAT here, it's not very helpful but it does list the topics you should know.
NatoHeadshot
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lau14)
The PAT is technically based on roughly C1 and C2 for the maths half (although it varies by exam board and last year a few things that generally aren't covered until C3/C4 came up). You definitely don't need further maths for it. There's a syllabus for the PAT here, it's not very helpful but it does list the topics you should know.
would you happen to know a more useful place where i need to know what modueles to do as an edexcel student
Absent Agent
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NatoHeadshot)
would you happen to know a more useful place where i need to know what modueles to do as an edexcel student
I think the syllabus Lau14 has provided is pretty informative. I did Edexcel mathematics so if you want I could tell you what topics lie within which modules
NatoHeadshot
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
I think the syllabus Lau14 has provided is pretty informative. I did Edexcel mathematics so if you want I could tell you what topics lie within which modules
i'm really lost with most of them so could you if it's not too much trouble tell me where each one lies?
Absent Agent
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry for the delay, I had internet connection problems.

Elementary mathematics:
Knowledge of elementary mathematics (That's basically Core 1)
Topics in arithmetic and geometry (Core 1)
Coordinate geometry (Core 2)
Probability (S1)

Algebra:
Properties of polynomials, including the solution of quadratics. Graph sketching and transformations of variables. Inequalities and their solution. Elementary trigonometry including relationships between sin, cos and tan (sum and difference formulae will be stated if required). Arithmetic and geometric progressions and the binomial expansion. (Core 1 and Core 2)
Properties of logarithms and exponentials. (Core2 and Core 3)

Calculus:
Differentiation and integration of polynomials including fractional and negative powers. Differentiation as finding the slope of a curve, and the location of maxima, minima and points of inflection. Integration as the reverse of differentiation and as finding the area under a curve. Simplifying integrals by symmetry arguments. (Last chapter in Core 1 and differentiation and integration topics in Core 2).

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads