Do you like watching TV? Watch

username1832041
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just asking. For me, the TV is rather annoying, especially when it is too loud. It happens every day that someone is watching TV, it is too loud and I cannot tell that because those who are watching become angry. There is a lot of "aggressive" programs and maybe this is the reason. I wonder how they can relax after dinner watching it:

- news channels = either annoying politicians or exaggerating some issues, or lots of BAD news. It makes my father angry. In addition, his work is stressful;

- criminal TV series - at least the Polish and American ones can be VERY aggressive. Possible to relax? I cannot.

My room is in different part (or "edge", whatever) of the house, but the TV is so loud that I cannot relax. I sometimes watch TV myself, but not with this volume!

What do you think about watching TV? Is it worth doing?
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't really watch TV much anymore, feels like a massive waste of time tbh. Nothing good on, just ****ty game and reality shows. I prefer to stick to DVDs (The Simpsons, Family Guy, Friends) or the internet as watching TV with my family often annoys me
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree there's some depressing **** on tele I tend to avoid it. And pick and choose to catch up with the stuff I do want to watch on all 4 etc.
username1832041
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
I don't really watch TV much anymore, feels like a massive waste of time tbh. Nothing good on, just ****ty game and reality shows. I prefer to stick to DVDs (The Simpsons, Family Guy, Friends) or the internet as watching TV with my family often annoys me
My opinion is similar. I'm from Poland and there's almost the same. A lot of reality shows, programs about builders, mechanics or auctions that pretend to be "documentary". Every Sunday I have dinner with all my family in the living room. My brother and father like watching it and I am annoyed.

In Poland, there were only two TV channels before 1990s (because the communist party governed my country until 1989). There wasn't much to watch. Now we have a lot of channels and almost nothing interesting to watch.
Fango_Jett
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I stopped watching shows via cable ages ago. I've been watching everything on the internet for years now.

There are plenty of good comedy shows out there that I watch to wind down and relax. Modern Family, The Office, Community, and The Middle are some of my faves.
Swindle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I watch far less TV these days. Most of the programmes seem to be scripted reality bull**** and rolling news channels are just depressing.
Recently started tuning into late night phone-in radio shows instead.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i watch the iplayer and stuff when there is something i actually want to watch on. I don't just watch it 4 the sake of it though and i have to be doing something at the same time bc i feel that it is a waste of time otherwise
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by serah.exe)
It's all about Netflix now.
aww i don't have it *sniff*
brokenbassline
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hardly watch TV anymore. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Theres no social experiments, documentaries or series with really interesting intellectual plots. These days I find the internet more useful for finding stuff Im actually interested in, Netflix has some great stuff too, or a good book and a cuppa is just as great.
Swindle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
British soaps have descended into shows where ugly people shout at each other for 30 minutes.
mesbahuddin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really like to watch TV. I like to watch movies and sports on TV. On average I spend 3-4 hours on TV.
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I rarely watch TV now. I find it so droll and boring, especially reality + talent shows which people never shut the hell up about.
Emma.G
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course! a simple escape to reality
username1832041
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma.G)
Of course! a simple escape to reality
Maybe you mean: escape FROM the reality
Emma.G
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Patryk1992)
Maybe you mean: escape FROM the reality
Yeah. that. My apologies
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's a lot of good stuff on tv if you know where to look. Cable here in the US is mostly full of absolute **** but there are some good stuff too. Tbh sometimes I like just laying on the couch and watching the shopping channel - I find it hilarious and it's so mindless that I don't need to tihnk about anything and can really switch off.
LeyK
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on what you watch,
I just watch comedy shows and comic book related shows,
Oh plus sports, some NatGeo stuff and cartoons/anime

Otherwise everything else is crappy reality, romantic and/or supernatural (comics don't count btw) .
SebastianMar1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am Polish and I hate watching tv as well. Seriously, especially the Polish tv... Same actors in each Polish movie, adverts every 15 minutes, and each advert is about new products in Lidl or other shop...

Personally I watch a lot of tv series online and only online, no adverts - thank god for adblock, its smooth and I like it.
username1832041
Rep:
?
I am Polish, too! Most of adverts are about medicines or something similar. Because "they really know that we are ill"! This is just stupid!
(Original post by SebastianMar1994)
I am Polish and I hate watching tv as well. Seriously, especially the Polish tv... Same actors in each Polish movie, adverts every 15 minutes, and each advert is about new products in Lidl or other shop...

Personally I watch a lot of tv series online and only online, no adverts - thank god for adblock, its smooth and I like it.
(Original post by SebastianMar1994)

czechlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I only really enjoy watching live sporting events on television. I am more of a fan of boxsets and being able to watch an entire series when it suits me. They are much better for character development.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (18)
25.35%
1 (8)
11.27%
2 (12)
16.9%
3 (9)
12.68%
4 (7)
9.86%
5 (6)
8.45%
6 (2)
2.82%
7+ (9)
12.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise