The Student Room Group

Finding Males Attractive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hiya, I just wanted to know how girls feel about guys xD (scouting out the opposition :wink: )
I mean I'm quite shy and I notice guys have to do all the approaching, so do girls find us guys attractive or just flattered by our attention?

How come girls don't really approach lads?

Plus, would you enjoy being with lad or does it feel "forced" just because he made the approach so you obliged?

The easy answer to that is they don't have to. If you didn't have to approach girls, would you? I don't think most of us would, it's scary at first and rejection sucks.
Original post by Juichiro
In other words:
1. If a handsome stranger (as defined however you like) approaches you, it's fine
2. If a non-handsome (ugly?) stranger approaches you, it's creepy/uncomfortable

For you it makes sense, for unfortunately, for the stranger doing the approaching it does not make sense. After all, no one but you knows whether a particular stranger is handsome or not.

What makes me laugh is that your reading skills are appalling. No where did I mention what the stranger has to look like for me to be uncomfortable. The fact that they are a stranger is enough, attractive or unattractive, I don't know you so I have ever right to feel uncomfortable being approached. I'll quote myself, "I'm only going to feel uncomfortable being approached if it is by a complete stranger,".

Did I mention looks there? No, I didn't.
Original post by EllainKahlo
What makes me laugh is that your reading skills are appalling. No where did I mention what the stranger has to look like for me to be uncomfortable. The fact that they are a stranger is enough, attractive or unattractive, I don't know you so I have ever right to feel uncomfortable being approached. I'll quote myself, "I'm only going to feel uncomfortable being approached if it is by a complete stranger,".

Did I mention looks there? No, I didn't.

You mentioned "liking" though.

So, replace "looks" for "liking". The conclusion is the same. The stranger does not know whether you like him/her until he/she approaches you. Thus, he/she cannot know whether approaching you is okay because to know that they need to approach you.
You mentioned "liking" though.

So, replace "looks" for "liking". The conclusion is the same. The stranger does not know whether you like him/her until he/she approaches you. Thus, he/she cannot know whether approaching you is okay because to know that they need to approach you.

Replacing "looks" for "liking" makes no sense within the sentence. Your approach is faulty as you assume you know more about my words than I do myself, I know what I meant.

"I'm only going to feel uncomfortable being approached if it is by a complete stranger, someone I don't like or someone I've already rejected or don't want to be with." - each instance is mentioned within clauses separated clearly by commas, therefore they describe completely different scenarios. Of course a stranger does not know if I like them or not, they're a stranger, it is ridiculous to assume they could ever know if I liked them or not if they have never existed in my life until that very moment.
Replacing "looks" for "liking" makes no sense within the sentence. Your approach is faulty as you assume you know more about my words than I do myself, I know what I meant.

"I'm only going to feel uncomfortable being approached if it is by a complete stranger, someone I don't like or someone I've already rejected or don't want to be with." - each instance is mentioned within clauses separated clearly by commas, therefore they describe completely different scenarios. Of course a stranger does not know if I like them or not, they're a stranger, it is ridiculous to assume they could ever know if I liked them or not if they have never existed in my life until that very moment.

No offence but you are good at logical thinking then. You see, some complete strangers are people you will like (this follows from the inductive observation that a) you like some people and b) at some point in time those people you currently like were complete strangers). But you have put complete stranger into the 'don't like' category even though you don't know all complete strangers. My point is, a complete stranger won't know whether you are okay with being approached without approaching you first.

Also, you said 'someone I don't like', now unless you verbally tell someone you don't like them (which mostly likely means, they approached you first -unless you randomly approach people to tell them that you don't like them), it might not be obvious to them whether they are liked (and approaching is fine) or unliked (and approaching is no-no).

I am just picking on the illogical inconsistencies and epistemological gaps. :redface:
No offence but you are good at logical thinking then. You see, some complete strangers are people you will like (this follows from the inductive observation that a) you like some people and b) at some point in time those people you currently like were complete strangers). But you have put complete stranger into the 'don't like' category even though you don't know all complete strangers. My point is, a complete stranger won't know whether you are okay with being approached without approaching you first.

Also, you said 'someone I don't like', now unless you verbally tell someone you don't like them (which mostly likely means, they approached you first -unless you randomly approach people to tell them that you don't like them), it might not be obvious to them whether they are liked (and approaching is fine) or unliked (and approaching is no-no).

I am just picking on the illogical inconsistencies and epistemological gaps. :redface:

Funny, there are no illogical inconsistencies in what I said. You've simply chosen to discredit what I said, in my own words, in favour of your own flawed logic and picking apart my comments has done you no favours. It only further evidences you lack understanding.

Instead of trying to explain my words back to me as though I were a simpleton, for comedic affect? Perhaps you could admit that I said nothing of a stranger's appearance in regards to being uncomfortable as I am approached by one? The fact that they are a stranger is cause alone that I am uncomfortable, that is not debatable, it my right to be uncomfortable. Your line of argument is pitiable.
Reply 26
Elaborate
Reply 27
Teach me your ways :sexface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Funny, there are no illogical inconsistencies in what I said. You've simply chosen to discredit what I said, in my own words, in favour of your own flawed logic and picking apart my comments has done you no favours. It only further evidences you lack understanding.

Instead of trying to explain my words back to me as though I were a simpleton, for comedic affect? Perhaps you could admit that I said nothing of a stranger's appearance in regards to being uncomfortable as I am approached by one? The fact that they are a stranger is cause alone that I am uncomfortable, that is not debatable, it my right to be uncomfortable. Your line of argument is pitiable.

Juichro(?) Does this fairly often I wouldn't take it too personally xD
Reply 29
Just get pissed to make it easier, or perfect your wanking game

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending