Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to sit the numerical, verbal and inductive tests for a risks industrial placement application on SHL. I'm okay with numerical and verbal, but after practising the inductive reasoning for a day yesterday I decided to give the only practise one on SHL's website a go and I only scored 63% :/. The average mark on there is 59.8 so not great tbh.

Just wondering is the actual test likely to be similar to the practise one? Also anyone have any tips? Have to sit it tomorrow or Friday and don't seem to be getting anywhere from doing practise ones :/.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Anyone?
    The actual tests tend to be much harder than the practice ones. There are websites and books to help out with these though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King of the Ring)
    The actual tests tend to be much harder than the practice ones. There are websites and books to help out with these though.
    Ah ffs. Well i just retook it for a second time (there were no answers first time) and got 78% but i guess thats because the ones I knew I could remember how to do and give more time for rest. Yeah I have been using https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk for Inductive reasoning... I took all the tests yday and averaged 5/10... Took them all again today and averaged 7/10 so going to just hope for the best really. Don't get this sh** it seems :L.

Thanks for reply though.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ffs. Well i just retook it for a second time (there were no answers first time) and got 78% but i guess thats because the ones I knew I could remember how to do and give more time for rest. Yeah I have been using https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk for Inductive reasoning... I took all the tests yday and averaged 5/10... Took them all again today and averaged 7/10 so going to just hope for the best really. Don't get this sh** it seems :L.

Thanks for reply though.
    You don't have to get really high scores to pass, you only have to pass a certain threshold, which can be as low as 40%, but if everyone else has done really well or really badly, it can move up or down by a wide margin.

ReputationRep:
    My tests were all much easier than the practise ones. Chilling.

ReputationRep:
    My tests were all much easier than the practise ones. Chilling.
    Sounds like yours were not management level ones.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like yours were not management level ones.
    Potentially. The verbal had no prefix attached to it but the numerical and Inductive were labeled as 'Supervisory Numerical' and 'Supervisory Inductive' so not sure what kind of level that will be at. In all fairness, Numerical was very very easy (when i wrote this post) but Inductive wasn't exactly a cake walk, hoping to get 17/18 out of 24 on that one.

ReputationRep:
    Potentially. The verbal had no prefix attached to it but the numerical and Inductive were labeled as 'Supervisory Numerical' and 'Inductive Numerical' so not sure what kind of level that will be at. In all fairness, Numerical was very very easy (when i wrote this post) but Inductive wasn't exactly a cake walk, hoping to get 17/18 out of 24 on that one.
    Some employers make you do these tests but still place more weight on the interview.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.