Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking to study Politics . My AS grades are AAAC ( I got a C in history, I am 1 UMS mark off a B). My predicted grades should be A*AA or AAA ( I take Accounting, Economics and Geography at A2). Based off my grades do you think I would be successful ? Thanks My IGCSE grades are 6 A*, 2 As and 1 C, I am going to be applying as an International student, do i have a good chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    Hi, I am looking to study Politics . My AS grades are AAAC ( I got a C in history, I am 1 UMS mark off a B). My predicted grades should be A*AA or AAA ( I take Accounting, Economics and Geography at A2). Based off my grades do you think I would be successful ? Thanks My IGCSE grades are 6 A*, 2 As and 1 C, I am going to be applying as an International student, do i have a good chance?
    Perfect stats you'll definitely be okay to get an offer as long as your personal statement is fine. Hand in your UCAS just after the Oxbridge deadline and you'll probably get an offer within 2 weeks or so

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ill ask my school if i can apply after the oxbridge deadline but they are a bit strict on this stuff so we will have to see. Also, do you think i would have a good chance at LSE for Government (politics) i asked but haven't got any responses?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age)
    Perfect stats you'll definitely be okay to get an offer as long as your personal statement is fine. Hand in your UCAS just after the Oxbridge deadline and you'll probably get an offer within 2 weeks or so
    Hi, ill ask my school if i can apply after the oxbridge deadline but they are a bit strict on this stuff so we will have to see. Also, do you think i would have a good chance at LSE for Government (politics) i asked but haven't got any responses?Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    Hi, ill ask my school if i can apply after the oxbridge deadline but they are a bit strict on this stuff so we will have to see. Also, do you think i would have a good chance at LSE for Government (politics) i asked but haven't got any responses?Thank you
    You should be okay for LSE. What were your A's and C in at IGCSE though? My friend didn't get an offer from LSE despite 4 A's at AS and 3 A* predictons (which he acheived). His feedback was that his GCSEs were low.

What other unis are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age)
    You should be okay for LSE. What were your A's and C in at IGCSE though? My friend didn't get an offer from LSE despite 4 A's at AS and 3 A* predictons (which he acheived). His feedback was that his GCSEs were low.

I got 6 A*S in English, History, Accounting, Drama, Economics and Biology. I got 2 As in Maths and ICT and my C was in literature. Do you think I should apply for LSE i know they are very 'picky' and i don't want to waste my options but, i love the University

I'm also looking at Durham, (Warwick lol), York for a back up or kent, Kings or ucl ( I'm not sure if i like UCL's course as all i can find is Politics with Eastern European Studies )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    I got 6 A*S in English, History, Accounting, Drama, Economics and Biology. I got 2 As in Maths and ICT and my C was in literature. Do you think I should apply for LSE i know they are very 'picky' and i don't want to waste my options but, i love the University

I'm also looking at Durham, (Warwick lol), York for a back up or kent, Kings or ucl ( I'm not sure if i like UCL's course as all i can find is Politics with Eastern European Studies )
    I would say have two aspirations (LSE and Durham)
    two normal (Warwick/York/Kings/UCL)
    and one just below (Kent)

Have you thought about Birmingham, Nottingham, Exeter, Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age)

Yeah i looked at them but they only offer Politics and International relations and i only want to apply for Politics (if i get accepted i will transfer into Politics and international relations but for simplicity i will just apply for politics) or I wasn't interested in the Uni.

Do you think i should apply for LSE? if i dont then i will chose Durham, Kings/UCL, Warwick, York and Kent. If i do apply it will be LSE, Durham, Warwick, York and Kent?
    Also, are you at University now or still at school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    Yeah i looked at them but they only offer Politics and International relations and i only want to apply for Politics (if i get accepted i will transfer into Politics and international relations but for simplicity i will just apply for politics) or I wasn't interested in the Uni.

Do you think i should apply for LSE? if i dont then i will chose Durham, Kings/UCL, Warwick, York and Kent. If i do apply it will be LSE, Durham, Warwick, York and Kent?
    Also, are you at University now or still at school?
    Yeah you remind me of myself last year I had no interest in the International Relations part. However, I can say that the Bristol is really only theory and you only do the international relations part for one term in your first year. Essentially, getting a combined honors for free.

I've just finished year 13 and starting Warwick in October.

Im so confused as to why you would apply to Kent its such a drop from the others. I would say try for LSE too you should be fine. For Durham take advantage of the fact you can send them a separate personal statement too which will replace your UCAS one. Durham have different guidelines for what they want in their personal statement compared to other unis. Like Birmingham over Kent anyday! and its only an ABB offer but with your stats you could probably receive an unconditional like many of my friends did with similar GCSE/AS grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age)
    Yeah you remind me of myself last year I had no interest in the International Relations part. However, I can say that the Bristol is really only theory and you only do the international relations part for one term in your first year. Essentially, getting a combined honors for free.

I've just finished year 13 and starting Warwick in October.

Im so confused as to why you would apply to Kent its such a drop from the others. I would say try for LSE too you should be fine. For Durham take advantage of the fact you can send them a separate personal statement too which will replace your UCAS one. Durham have different guidelines for what they want in their personal statement compared to other unis. Like Birmingham over Kent anyday! and its only an ABB offer but with your stats you could probably receive an unconditional like many of my friends did with similar GCSE/AS grades
    You are amazing! I swear! I just did my research and I will apply for Politics and International relations ( I chose politics at first because Durham didn't offer it and i want to apply to Durham but since i can send the substitute personal statement it works well).

I was never keen on Kent I just needed a backup, but i researched Birmingham and it looks amazing! I will defiantly apply there! Did many of your friends get unconditional offers?

Congratulations on getting into to Warwick! You must be really excited! My sister is studying Law at Warwick but she is a second year. I visited her in February and it was amazing! Do you have your accommodation yet? Are you excited for Freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    You are amazing! I swear! I just did my research and I will apply for Politics and International relations ( I chose politics at first because Durham didn't offer it and i want to apply to Durham but since i can send the substitute personal statement it works well).

I was never keen on Kent I just needed a backup, but i researched Birmingham and it looks amazing! I will defiantly apply there! Did many of your friends get unconditional offers?

Congratulations on getting into to Warwick! You must be really excited! My sister is studying Law at Warwick but she is a second year. I visited her in February and it was amazing! Do you have your accommodation yet? Are you excited for Freshers?
    Haha no worries at all honestly! Let me know how it all works out for you.

Literally same as me, I framed my courses around Durham at first. Yeah, please dont apply to Kent your stats are just too good you're definitely Top 20 Russell group worthy.

I was happy to just apply to AAA unis but then you obviously need an insurance just in case. Birmingham campus was amazing and they give you a free beanie hat on the offer holders day which did make me reconsider haha. Yeah, literally 60% of my friends got an unconditional although I did go to a grammar and private school but they all had similar GCSE's to you and some had AABB at AS level. Birmingham is just a solid back up to have because even though a uni will ask for AAA if you get AAB they will probably still take you (Warwick for a fact!) so its good to have ABB incase you dont get AAA or AAB. Or who knows you might actually fall in love with it and just firm it and then you can relax for the whole year knowing you're going there regardless. Nottingham also offer unconditionals but they want AAB otherwise so I didnt apply. On results day they were in clearing for BBB/ABC anyways.

Thanks, I am looking forward to it- I had a hard few months deciding Warwick over Bristol because honestly Bristol was like the best city ever and the uni was like a city mixed with a mini campus which was perf. But I went with Warwick for other reasons. (I'll let you make that decision haha, but obviously it should be Warwick because yeah :P)

I just got my accommodation and its Sherbourne which was my first choice so yeah pretty much buzzing for uni. If you need anymore advice let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Age)

What were his GCSE's, which subjects and what grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrownieLover)
    What were his GCSE's, which subjects and what grades?
    Oh god he got 3 or 2 A* and the rest were A's with maybe one B. He sat 10 GCSE's in total

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.