Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have tried speaking to student finance on the phone twice now and was given contradicting information each time.

    I am a mature student who has been refused a child care grant on the grounds that my 'partner' earns too much , however in the tax year 13/14 he didn't earn anything as he was unemployed, I have confirmation of this from HMRC, some how student finance have processed my application based on my partners tax information for the year 14/15 instead and have therefore come to the conclusion that he earns to much money to award me the child care grant.
    He has worked for the past year, on a contract that is due to end next February but as student finance are supposed to calculate from the previous tax year (13/14) can you please advise how I can resolve this??

    I'm due to start my course in two week, I have a child-minder in place but there is absolutely no way I can afford to pay her without the help of a childcare grant.

    My maintenance loan has been approved for payment in two weeks time, so if I send more evidence of my partner income in now, will they put a hold on my application to re look at it as a whole or will I still get my maintenance loan as normal in two weeks?

    I would be able to use some of my maintenance loan to pay the child minder for the first few weeks if so, if not then I will be unable to attend my course.
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.