Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure about doing Physics A Level or not. I've just started Physics GCSE so I don't really know if I like it or not, but how is the A Level? I don't know if I'll be able to get an A/A* in it.

ReputationRep:
    A Level Physics is very difficult, especially if you don't fully enjoy it. It's not necessary for medicine, so if it's not one of your favourites at GCSE, I don't recommend picking it for A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AuroraU)
    I'm unsure about doing Physics A Level or not. I've just started Physics GCSE so I don't really know if I like it or not, but how is the A Level? I don't know if I'll be able to get an A/A* in it.
    Biology and Chemistry are necessary for medicine. Physics is not needed

its quite early days for you atm so just focus on your gcses and dont worry since I am assuming you are just in year 10 atm.

ReputationRep:
    It's not necessary for Medicine and I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to do something you don't like, especially during A Levels when you'll need to the motivation to do independent studying. I would just focus on GCSEs at your stage and see whether or not the A Level syllabus interests you when the time for choosing subjects comes.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessary, but it will be valued as its hard and sciency, and come on dude, you only started it in GCSE, you havent experienced its yet, physics is awesome

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.