The Student Room Group

University Open Day Advice

Hello everyone :smile:

So basically I'm going to the Cardiff University Open Day on Friday. I have previously been to other university open days (Oxford Brookes, NTU, Aberystwyth and Sheffield) but feel that I didn't make the most of them.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me any tips on how to make the best of an Open Day? Questions to ask, things to do? If I chose Cardiff I would be studying Politics and Sociology.

Thank you! :h:
Reply 1
Original post by emiloujess
Hello everyone :smile:

So basically I'm going to the Cardiff University Open Day on Friday. I have previously been to other university open days (Oxford Brookes, NTU, Aberystwyth and Sheffield) but feel that I didn't make the most of them.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me any tips on how to make the best of an Open Day? Questions to ask, things to do? If I chose Cardiff I would be studying Politics and Sociology.

Thank you! :h:

To make the most of it, its best to take advantage of everything/most things on offer! Visit the surrounding city, look at all the accommodation halls, speak to lecturers and current students on the course you wish to study, go to the course talk, look around the facilities which you will be using, speak to the financial team, look at opportunities in Cardiff/within the Uni to possibly get a job which is relevant to your course, see what clubs and societies are available.

Make sure you know the course inside out, so the modules taught, how they are taught, how they are assessed so you will feel comfortable and confident with this. Also with accommodation, ask about prices and things you will be allowed in your room etc. See if you can speak to the student union or equivalent too :smile:

Sorry I know that reads not very well as it seems pretty disorganised but I just typed as things came to my head! Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest