Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

to complement the most depressing thread... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how do you want to be *ahem* disposed of? buried/cremated/other form? (though i don't know of any...mummification perhaps?) and why?

i was talking to my friend about this today...i haven't decided on how i want to be disposed of yet, i'd be cremated but then i'd contribute to global warming...if i was buried it'd be too much of a hassle for my family to keep looking after my grave though, i don't want birds pooing all over my grave too

I want to be buried, and that's all. I don't believe in afterlife or anything like that so just a simple end will do and that's that!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why we can't use crematees as a form of fuel. It would be their last way to serve a purpose to the world.

Personally I'd want to be frozen in a glass coffin in the family vault I'll begin.

ReputationRep:
    I want to burried as it seems a bit more natural and less like you're dead, the thought of cremation just scares me. In fact death scares me and growing old. I want to be 21 for ever. I really don't want to get old.

ReputationRep:
    Fired out a canon

ReputationRep:
    I want to be buried and preferably not cut up by either surgeons or coroners.
    I don't want the funeral to be a boring, boring affair either and I want to plan it meticulously before I go out, if I can.

ReputationRep:
    I am a semi control freak (only a little bit) but I can't stand the fact I won't be there for my own funeral. I will never know it it went to plan.

ReputationRep:
    funerals....i'm going to have a huuuuge party held at my funeral....compete with all forms of cheesy pop trash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am a semi control freak (only a little bit) but I can't stand the fact I won't be there for my own funeral. I will never know it it went to plan.
    what if you are in spirit though? if you are as you say, a semi control freak, then surely your soul will want to know what happens to all your stuff, your family, your friends etc and will decide to hang around for a bit before going off to wherever souls go (assuming you believe in souls of course)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    funerals....i'm going to have a huuuuge party held at my funeral....compete with all forms of cheesy pop trash
    What, no soul or deathmetal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    what if you are in spirit though? if you are as you say, a semi control freak, then surely your soul will want to know what happens to all your stuff, your family, your friends etc and will decide to hang around for a bit before going off to wherever souls go (assuming you believe in souls of course)
    I am not sure what I believe, I don't believe or disbelieve it as I don't have any evidence either way. The same goes for god, how do I know if exists or not? For this reason I don't have an opinion although I would like to think he exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am not sure what I believe, I don't believe or disbelieve it as I don't have any evidence either way. The same goes for god, how do I know if exists or not? For this reason I don't have an opinion although I would like to think he exists.
    You'd be classed as an atheist perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    What, no soul or deathmetal?
    too cliched dahling :rolleyes: plus i'm probably the one out of all my friends who is the funniest, in the sense that they laugh at me (but i don't mind cos i can be reeeeally ditsy) so with cheesy poppy trash, what better wya for them to remember me by??

oh but i HAVE to have Pure Shores playing as they carry the coffin off to have whatever i decide to have done to it, done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    too cliched dahling :rolleyes: plus i'm probably the one out of all my friends who is the funniest, in the sense that they laugh at me (but i don't mind cos i can be reeeeally ditsy) so with cheesy poppy trash, what better wya for them to remember me by??

oh but i HAVE to have Pure Shores playing as they carry the coffin off to have whatever i decide to have done to it, done.
    Well I think it's the perfect way to go. If you're funny in real life, you should be funny in death. I definitely want my friends pissing themselves over my jokes when I kick the bucket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    You'd be classed as an atheist perhaps?
    Possibly, I am certainly not religous but I do believe in some kind of afterlive, too many things I know have happened for them not be. It also makes the thought of death much easier to deal with in my mind. If their does turn out to be know afer life I will never know so its easier to believe in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    how do you want to be *ahem* disposed of? buried/cremated/other form? (though i don't know of any...mummification perhaps?) and why?

i was talking to my friend about this today...i haven't decided on how i want to be disposed of yet, i'd be cremated but then i'd contribute to global warming...if i was buried it'd be too much of a hassle for my family to keep looking after my grave though, i don't want birds pooing all over my grave too
    I personally want to be vacuum desicated and my remains put into small discs and sold off.

ReputationRep:
    how will people know it's you they're buying then? how much would you charge for yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I think i'd like to be cremated.... and then have my ashes scattered into the sea. I love being near the water (maybe something to do with being cancerian?) so I'd like the sea breeze to set me free before returning to the ocean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    how will people know it's you they're buying then? how much would you charge for yourself?
    em, 10 slips of latnum each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)

Cremated people have graves too...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.