Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yeah but in my family's culture it's tradition to release the ashes somewhere...if i was in india it would be the river ganges, here it'd probably be the irish sea or something lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd be buried with a sword, maybe a small shield as well, and a couple of daggers, so if theres some after life or something, i'm totally kitted up for it!

ReputationRep:
    I think i would either like to be cremated as i don't like the idea of bugs crawling all over me, mind you, you wouldn't care when your dead would you? lol...
    Either that or have a plant planted over my grave, like a rose bush or something....

ReputationRep:
    Considered cryogenics for a brief time, but came to the conclusion did I really want to be brought back to life if science ever progressed that far in a hundred years time and not know anything about the world I was rejoining. So would have to join with others on being cremated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a willow coffin and being burried in a woodland burial site. So there will be no grave stone to mark where I'm burried but there will be trees and grass so if any of my friends / relatives want to visit my grave they will have somewhere beautiful to visit.

I sort of like the idea that my body will be fertilizer for a forest and not having a negative impact on the enviroment.

I have to wait a few years though until my local council sets up a woodland burial site, otherwise I think I have to be burried in Wales.

check out the coffins here http://freespace.virgin.net/heaven.earth/coffin.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Considered cryogenics for a brief timebut came to the conclusion did I really want to be brought back to life.
    I wouldn't like that, it's the idea of coming back knowing that all relatives will be long gone by then and all your friends. You would be totally alone and also the change in technonlogy, it will be like an alien world, think how much the world has changed in the past 20-30 years? I don't think i would be able to handle it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    I wouldn't like that, it's the idea of coming back knowing that all relatives will be long gone by then and all your friends. You would be totally alone and also the change in technonlogy, it will be like an alien world, think how much the world has changed in the past 20-30 years? I don't think i would be able to handle it...
    Id be interested to see if the world had progressed, but to actually live in it? have to agree with you. Friends and family are all important

ReputationRep:
    Im going to donate my organs, then I will be disposed of a way in which my family feels is most appropriate... Im actually not bothered, Ill be dead!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i want to be cremated

and my ashes spread some where (not sure were for example coral reef or somthing)

i dont wont to be put in the ground cos i dont like bugs and that and i dont want to be eaten away buy worms and that

i also dont like small confind dark places

sophie

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I want to be cremated and my ashes mixed in with some concrete. Where that cement is used I do not mind.

ReputationRep:
    Donate my organs, cremate the rest, then scatter my ashes over the Lake District.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be Cremated because land is for the living not for the dead. It is important to go out with a bang and I'll think I will have a mini speech read out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supreme)
    I want to be Cremated because land is for the living not for the dead. It is important to go out with a bang and I'll think I will have a mini speech read out.
    so why not put your ashes into a firework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Actually, I want to be cremated and my ashes mixed in with some concrete. Where that cement is used I do not mind.
    Why cement?!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: What if the cement was used to build some public loos (or something equally gross) lol

ReputationRep:
    I want to be cremated, and have my carbon remains turned into a diamond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I want to be cremated, and have my carbon remains turned into a diamond.
    yay snap!

ReputationRep:
    If at all possible, I'd want all my organs to go to people who needed them (and then the left over bits could be buried...I don't really care)....but as I'm not planning to die in a car crash any time soon, but instead when I'm really old, in my sleep, I don't think my organs would be much use to anyone....so a plain old burial would be fine

ReputationRep:
    Donate my body for medical research and organ donation and when they are done with it I want to have one of those natural burials where they bury you in a biodegreadable coffin in a wood under a tree.

ReputationRep:
    so why not put your ashes into a firework?
    Never thought of that before.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.