Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I really want to become a Primary School Teacher or early years teacher. And I know that for that job you need a C or above in English, Maths and Science. I recently got my early GCSE entry results for Core Science, and I got a D. (82 in paper 1, 100 in paper 2, and 55 in my ISA, what does that mean? Was it a high D?). I'm now going to do Additional Science. If I get a C or above in Additional, does that still count as the C I needed in Science, or is it completely different?
    (I would like to teach up to year 4 in a Primary School.)

    Another question I have is that will other subjects get me into teaching? For example, I speak Swedish, Finnish and obviously English fluently and I'm also doing GCSE Spanish (I'm getting very good grades in it). Will that possibly better my chances or will it not matter?

    Hopefully someone could help me and maybe even give me some more information on what could possibly better my chances of getting onto that route. It will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.