The Student Room Group

Studying A2 Geog on my own?

so some background information: i just started year 13, i got an E for geography AS but i honestly didnt study or really try, and im only doing 2 other subjects, the universities i want to go to want 3 full a levels

my school is pretty small and everyone in my class dropped geography so im the only one doing it (i plan to resit unit 1 to bring my grade up) and nobody from year 12 is doing it, but my school cant provide a geography teacher at the moment and the new teacher will be coming in about a months time so i kinda have to teach A2 geography myself basically and i have no idea where to start or what to do?

do you think its possible for me to get a C at A2 from having an E at AS? im going to try really hard this year but i just dont know how to go about it

any tips?

thank you
Original post by aussieinsaudi
so some background information: i just started year 13, i got an E for geography AS but i honestly didnt study or really try, and im only doing 2 other subjects, the universities i want to go to want 3 full a levels

my school is pretty small and everyone in my class dropped geography so im the only one doing it (i plan to resit unit 1 to bring my grade up) and nobody from year 12 is doing it, but my school cant provide a geography teacher at the moment and the new teacher will be coming in about a months time so i kinda have to teach A2 geography myself basically and i have no idea where to start or what to do?

do you think its possible for me to get a C at A2 from having an E at AS? im going to try really hard this year but i just dont know how to go about it

any tips?

thank you

hi 🙋 fellow A2 geographer! I would advise repeating as next summer if you can to bring your grade up as well as really revising for A2. Don't give up hoe as many people on TSR can say they have improved upped 2 or 3 grades. A2 is quite hard so maybe follow a textbook or try a night class? Or even get notes from other people outside school like a tutor? I am CCEA so I don't know if we do similar units or I'd pass my notes on. Hope you find something
Original post by Naomi 2709
hi 🙋 fellow A2 geographer! I would advise repeating as next summer if you can to bring your grade up as well as really revising for A2. Don't give up hoe as many people on TSR can say they have improved upped 2 or 3 grades. A2 is quite hard so maybe follow a textbook or try a night class? Or even get notes from other people outside school like a tutor? I am CCEA so I don't know if we do similar units or I'd pass my notes on. Hope you find something

hello!! i really want to graduate and complete A2 by the end of the school year, as well as resitting unit 1, unfortunately where i live they dont have tutors or classes so its super hard :frown: im doing edexcel. how much harder is it than AS? whats the difference? or is it like a continuation of AS? thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending