Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    09/09

So yeah, like I'd imagine most of the people reading this, this September I'll be making the next step and going off to university. On the 19th I shall be ejected from the financial security of my small home town and enter the wonderful student world of £40 textbooks, pasta for every meal and getting plastered on Tuesday nights. At 1 week to go I'm currently harbouring the same cliché mismatch of nerves, excitement and anticipation felt by thousands of others my age as we delve into what is branded by everyone we've ever met as the 'best time of our lives' (no pressure right?). Yet before I go into the details of what the future will hold for me I feel like I should introduce myself and add some kind of character to my faceless internet persona.

My name is Leemer, I'm 18 and will be off to study a geography based degree at the University of Southampton. Spare-time-wise I'm really into music (gigs, festivals etc) as well as gaming, drinking and general teenager activities. While at heart I've never been much of a sportsman, I'm looking forward to joining the skiing and biking societies. I spent the summer mostly hanging out with friends, sitting on my arse watching boxsets, I went inter railing around Europe for a fortnight in July and went to Reading Fest a couple of weeks ago.

My current prep for uni seems a little sparse compared to others, having just recently aquired some home crockery, rewatched every episode of fresh meat and read through the vice media guide to student life, but I'll get round to the rest eventually

So there we are, I'll try to keep this updated with assorted anecdotes of my uni life. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemer)
    09/09

So yeah, like I'd imagine most of the people reading this, this September I'll be making the next step and going off to university. On the 19th I shall be ejected from the financial security of my small home town and enter the wonderful student world of £40 textbooks, pasta for every meal and getting plastered on Tuesday nights. At 1 week to go I'm currently harbouring the same cliché mismatch of nerves, excitement and anticipation felt by thousands of others my age as we delve into what is branded by everyone we've ever met as the 'best time of our lives' (no pressure right?). Yet before I go into the details of what the future will hold for me I feel like I should introduce myself and add some kind of character to my faceless internet persona.

My name is Leemer, I'm 18 and will be off to study a geography based degree at the University of Southampton. Spare-time-wise I'm really into music (gigs, festivals etc) as well as gaming, drinking and general teenager activities. While at heart I've never been much of a sportsman, I'm looking forward to joining the skiing and biking societies. I spent the summer mostly hanging out with friends, sitting on my arse watching boxsets, I went inter railing around Europe for a fortnight in July and went to Reading Fest a couple of weeks ago.

My current prep for uni seems a little sparse compared to others, having just recently aquired some home crockery, rewatched every episode of fresh meat and read through the vice media guide to student life, but I'll get round to the rest eventually

So there we are, I'll try to keep this updated with assorted anecdotes of my uni life. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Hey! I am going to be doing Geography at Southampton too!! What degree are you doing? I'm doing the BA. and what accommodation do you have?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.