Any body else got a chornic fear of aging? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I just don't think I will age gracefully, I mean I can't imagine not being able to go to clubs, switching on the TV to see a load of young people etc, the prime minster being younger than me, I really can't imagine it. However it seems like 2 months ago since it was 2002 so it means it won't be long before I am at retirement age. Life goes to quickly.:mad:
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I just don't think I will age gracefully, I mean I can't imagine not being able to go to clubs, switching on the TV to see a load of young people etc, the prime minster being younger than me, I really can't imagine it. However it seems like 2 months ago since it was 2002 so it means it won't be long before I am at retirement age. Life goes to quickly.:mad:
are you alright AT?
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fly By)
are you alright AT?
Probably not, just suffering the effect of not being out socialy for weeks due to my operation. I am also hot but also happy in an odd way, and fear happiness won't last.

I am ok really though I'm just being silly, everything could be 20 times worse.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AT i reckon ur just freaking out right now. everybody goes through a freaking out stage sometime in their lives.

just remember, it will pass though and u'll cheer up eventually. trust me.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
STOP IT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Sorry but i'm new around here - what was your operation?
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
... Yes, and people call me shallow for it!!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Sorry but i'm new around here - what was your operation?
It was just a hernia repair, nothing too serious but it means I am not supposed to lift anything heavy for six weeks, I had it nearly two weeks ago and even now I am only jsut about walking normaly and its still painful. I am hoping take a risk and go clubbing on friday, I need it so badly.
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
Oh ok, well i'm glad that it was nothing major then and that you'll soon be out and about enjoying yourself. The worst thing that has happened to me is my pelvis being dislodged (can't put my right foot behind mt head anymore, just my right) and all the muscle in my foot being torn. Neither are as bad as they sound.

I hope the pain ceases soon *crosses fingers* and try to cheer up a bit, if lifes as short as you make it out to be then complaining about that isn't the best solution, that's just wasting it!
AT82
Rep:
?
Oh ok, well i'm glad that it was nothing major then and that you'll soon be out and about enjoying yourself. The worst thing that has happened to me is my pelvis being dislodged (can't put my right foot behind mt head anymore, just my right) and all the muscle in my foot being torn. Neither are as bad as they sound.

I hope the pain ceases soon *crosses fingers* and try to cheer up a bit, if lifes as short as you make it out to be then complaining about that isn't the best solution, that's just wasting it!
Yeah I am wasting it on this forum every ngiht anyway, but at the moment I have nothing better to do I openly admit that.

I will change things and make sure I do get the most out life.
ThePants999
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I second TK's motion.
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I am wasting it on this forum every ngiht anyway, but at the moment I have nothing better to do I openly admit that.
Looks like from now on you'll be stuck with me whilst doing so, more reason to go out! I don't like going out, all exciting things in life i have done as far as somebody my age is concerned, and it isn't as great as people make it out to be. (Ok maybe not all, but most.)
AT82
Rep:
?
I do like going out though thats kind of my problem, I do love partying and clubbing I just don't seem to get enough chances to do it. Maybe this is normal and I assume its just me.
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
Well if that's the case then of course the operation recovery would make you feel like this - it'll all be fine again once you're out clubbing again

p.s. Is too girly for me to use? I prefer it to
AT82
Rep:
?
Well if that's the case then of course the operation recovery would make you feel like this - it'll all be fine again once you're out clubbing again

p.s. Is too girly for me to use? I prefer it to
I usualy normaly go out about twice a month which is not much for a university student but when I don't go out for a while I get depressed, if I go out too often it gets boring and routine. I feel better when I look forward to me near future.
alio
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol u think wayyyyy too much! try not to think of life frm an overall point of view i mean ure not going to be in this current state of mood all ure life (i hope) ure only young and r gonna do loads of exciting stuff. living in this country is a bonus coz u can basicall do wot u want, look at all the poorer country's where life IS boring and poor.

ok i'll shut up :rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by alio)
lol u think wayyyyy too much! try not to think of life frm an overall point of view i mean ure not going to be in this current state of mood all ure life (i hope) ure only young and r gonna do loads of exciting stuff. living in this country is a bonus coz u can basicall do wot u want, look at all the poorer country's where life IS boring and poor.

ok i'll shut up :rolleyes:
Haha if I had a £1 for everybody that said I think too much I would be rich now. It must be true though because everybody I know in real life always say I think too much and anaylise things to much. For example clubbing I have lenghy panic converations of an action plan if we get turned down. Its still funny that my life hasn't worked out how I thought though.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am not young gracefully, so in my old age, who knows what I will be like.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a chronic fear of dieing.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I have a chronic fear of dieing.
Which I suppose can be related to ageing..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.14%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.43%

Watched Threads