Turn on thread page Beta

re sitting A2's where when and how can this be done with best effect? watch

ReputationRep:
    my daughter needs to resit her A2's , where can she do this without paying ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mommaof2)
    she needs a time machine if she wants to do it for free, "u only get one shot so make it count, u will never get this moment again...." -JLS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnypdot)
    she needs a time machine if she wants to do it for free, "u only get one shot so make it count, u will never get this moment again...." -JLS
    this is what I have been led to believe but I cant find it in black and white!

ReputationRep:
    i resat my AS for free - however the only way to do this was to take an extra year and sit the lessons again, if you just want to resit one or two exams you have to pay

ReputationRep:
    why are some student allowed to return to school to resit year13?

ReputationRep:
    why are some student allowed to return to school to resit year13?
    i think it depends on your school/college but at my college quite a few people resat year 13

ReputationRep:
    its soooooo unclear , is there anything written anywhere for guidance?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think so - it really depends on your college/school, probably best to see if she can talk to a careers advisor or somebody at college? or call them up to check

ReputationRep:
    your gonna have to pay for some exams somewhere down the line. I left school, registered with my school as a private candidate and resat like that. lock your daughter in a room with nothing but revision materials for 8 hours a day from feb onwards and she'll get A's garunteed man ill buy you a pint if she doesn't

ReputationRep:
    It's buried deep within documents sent to schools about funding of 16-19 education. I've not seen it in any format easy for parents or students to understand.
    My understanding is that since the introduction of compulsory 16+ education there is no funding provided for students to resit the same qualifications unless there are strong extenuating circumstances such as very severe illness but there is for example if someone retakes year 12 with brand new subjects.
    Whether a school/college would or could accept an unfunded student I don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The general rule is that you get one free shot at it and, if you're not satisfied with the result, you have to pay. Some schools and colleges are happy to have people stay for longer than two years but this would require your daughter to attend lessons, do homework etc. like every other sixth form student. They aren't going to pay for her to resit as a private candidate at the end of the year and, given that other people have to do so, nor should they.

Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, she has been told there's no place for her in her old school but she can sit as a private student, I just think she would benefit having lessons , structure etc.
    I wish I had locked her in her room and taken books / art work away also removal of hormones might have helped.
    Is it true that universities do frown upon resitting a2's??

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, she has been told there's no place for her in her old school but she can sit as a private student, I just think she would benefit having lessons , structure etc.
    I wish I had locked her in her room and taken books / art work away also removal of hormones might have helped.
    Is it true that universities do frown upon resitting a2's??
    you could ask about other colleges/schools if there is any local to you?
    if not working alone will work fine - shes had the lessons already she jsut needs to focus on the content!

i resat my exams and unis didnt even ask about it! (i got accepted into 5 RG unis) unless she wants to do something like medicine then i dont think they look down on it really (its best to check with each unis admissions policy but most wont!)

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.