Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if i missed two chem lessons, two bio and one maths lesson how hard would it be to catch up if my friends got me all the sheets that were handed out and also let me copy their notes, i am very hard working and would definitely make it up and missing school is never or will never be a regular thing for me.

ReputationRep:
    omg it is one day you can probably catch up in a couple of hours

ReputationRep:
    Should be easy for you to catch up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_jg)
    This.

Also, it's the start of the year so you probably haven't even got going properly yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a massive reason why I got an E in chemistry in my first year of a level was because I skived off a lot

ReputationRep:
    well i missed two days last week and missed 2 lessons of history which resulted in me missing out on about 30 pages of work (in a booklet) and i had to do it yday omg it was nighmarish. And 2 lessons of lit meant i missed out on about 16 pages of text (also in a booklet) that were ALL fully annotated, i nearly cried. Other lessons were OK only 3/4 pages. But I guess your subjects are different..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_jg)
    i'm missing it for a concert so i feel a bit bad, it will be start of December time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepens)
    if i missed two chem lessons, two bio and one maths lesson how hard would it be to catch up if my friends got me all the sheets that were handed out and also let me copy their notes, i am very hard working and would definitely make it up and missing school is never or will never be a regular thing for me.
    I can't see missing one day having an effect on your grades. Especially if you get the notes and stuff from your friends and make the effort to catch up.
    As someone else has already said... it's one day, it'd take a couple of hours work to catch up!

Although, word of warning - don't make a habit of skipping lessons as that will certainly have an effect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittKatt)
    I can't see missing one day having an effect on your grades. Especially if you get the notes and stuff from your friends and make the effort to catch up.
    As someone else has already said... it's one day, it'd take a couple of hours work to catch up!

Although, word of warning - don't make a habit of skipping lessons as that will certainly have an effect!
    i wont miss any other lessons because i know how important it is to go to them all, this will be the first time in years i am talking a day off

ReputationRep:
    Guessing this is a first year, aha. :P
    You'll be fine. I had a 70% attendance at college for the first few months, but I caught up pretty easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepens)
    i wont miss any other lessons because i know how important it is to go to them all, this will be the first time in years i am talking a day off
    In which case, you should be fine! :p:

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.