Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible for someone to access your personal information just from your CRN? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently went to ask a question to SFE, when I found out there number had changed. If the number changes, the line would be invalid right? For some reason it continued and asked for my CRN number, but then when they asked for my pin number (supposedly my birth date) I panicked and cut the call. Most probably they were fraud.

Now I am worried because they at least have my CRN number on their system that might have my name record with it. I'm sort of worried and want to know if I might be a victim of fraud.

Overall, they don't have my personal details besides my CRN, but I don't know if they would be able to access my personal information through that.

I appreciate any advise given.

Thanks

I still haven't gotten the hang of TSR, the number I had called was 0845 026 2019

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.