Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.U.R.B)
    oh yea???? :rolleyes: 2 many mexicanz??? now y do i think that wos 1 of tha ********. argumentative points u cud *** up wiv seein as there is a Country called ...believe it or not sammy boi....'Mexico'!.....well well.....so 2 many mexicans ....damn rite there shud b cuz it is their damn country or do u own tha ******* place????....next u'll b sayin that england has 2 many english people living there? :rolleyes:

u need 2 do ur research m8y!!!
    I'm not even going to address that "point"...ooops I have have now!

ReputationRep:
    ^^^well said carl da man.....i applaud thou ^^^ :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ^^^well said carl da man.....i applaud thou ^^^ :cool:
    What? I don't think you understand-I completly disagree because Sams point was that there are too many Mexicans in the USA, not in Mexico. No disrespect intended, but your point is irrelavent and wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    and im telling you that to assume all hatred of indians is racist and all hatred of americans is political is plain wrong.
    It is wrong wrong to assume that all hatred of Indians is racist, but for example, here in the UK it is mostly the case. I would think very few people here would passionately hate India/Pakistan over their conflict and over Kashmir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    What? I don't think you understand-I completly disagree because Sams point was that there are too many Mexicans in the USA, not in Mexico. No disrespect intended, but your point is irrelavent and wrong.

not 2 worry! mayb i tuk it tha wrong way!

ReputationRep:
    oh yea???? :rolleyes: 2 many mexicanz??? now y do i think that wos 1 of tha ********. argumentative points u cud *** up wiv seein as there is a Country called ...believe it or not sammy boi....'Mexico'!.....well well.....so 2 many mexicans ....damn rite there shud b cuz it is their damn country or do u own tha ****** place????....next u'll b sayin that england has 2 many english people living there? :rolleyes:

We don't do txt-language on this forum. Write in English or get lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoni)
    It is wrong wrong to assume that all hatred of Indians is racist, but for example, here in the UK it is mostly the case. I would think very few people here would passionately hate India/Pakistan over their conflict and over Kashmir.
    this should have been your initial post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoni)
    Dislike, not hate.
    Do you not think it's understandable that people dislike America for their politics?
    America as a ~300yr old nation or the Bush administration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    So if hatred towards Indians and Pakistanis is not to be justified on racial or political grounds, what, Vienna, do you think is is justified on?
    who said it couldnt be justified on racial or political grounds? and dont think about quoting me.
    it could be justified on social grounds, historical grounds..

In the UK racism exists, there's no denying that, but I think in the UK its based on purely racial grounds; a combination of a lack of cultural understanding combined with the perception that they take all our jobs/cars/money/commit crime/abuse our welfare system.

Just to clarify, I don't think racism is at all justified, but some people will base their racial prejudices on the above myths.
    fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    Heh...about four posts actually address the topic title. :P
    I've got nowt against Indians or Pakistanis.
    The intended discussion was actually to see how people reacted to the thread , especially those who constantly paste the Americans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    We don't do txt-language on this forum. Write in English or get lost.

I'm Sorry! ...i won't do that again!

ReputationRep:
    Matey!
    Well sorry. Maybe you should live in the US for a while. There are actually a lot of Mexicans who live in the US. You just have to live in an urban area to realise that. A lot of them moved from Mexico. There are people who grew up in the US and still consider themselves Mexican (or any other Latin American nation) too.
    It is perfectly possible to be born in a country, and still share the culture of the country of your ancestors or even the citizenship. There are British citizens in the world who have never put foot in the UK!

You don't seem to understand the difference between the concepts of state, nation and culture... go and open your books kiddo!

oh yea???? :rolleyes: 2 many mexicanz??? now y do i think that wos 1 of tha ********. argumentative points u cud *** up wiv seein as there is a Country called ...believe it or not sammy boi....'Mexico'!.....well well.....so 2 many mexicans ....damn rite there shud b cuz it is their damn country or do u own tha ******* place????....next u'll b sayin that england has 2 many english people living there? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm Sorry! ...i won't do that again!
    That's alright. Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, but I thought you were one of those people who make a point out of writing in txt-speak.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

ReputationRep:
    I am very annoyed with both these threads, hating americans, indians and pakistanis.
    Im half cast, so I should feel annoyed. If its a political debate, then Im not against that, I dislike Bush, but that doesnt mean I hate americans. Cos I dont. Also there are many kinds of pakistanis, just like Christians have protestants and catholics etc...
    Some are peace loving people, some cover every part of there body up, some are very open to the modern world. So please dont hate all asians, after Sept 11th, I had been critcised, and Im not even to blame. I am totally against all this suicidal bombing, Its not fare, I was born in England, I am just like every other english person, and yet I still get racism marks thrown at me.
    Oh this is making me angry. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Im half cast, so I should feel annoyed.
    what has that got to do with it?!!

If its a political debate, then Im not against that, I dislike Bush, but that doesnt mean I hate americans. Cos I dont. Also there are many kinds of pakistanis, just like Christians have protestants and catholics etc...
    Some are peace loving people, some cover every part of there body up, some are very open to the modern world. So please dont hate all asians, after Sept 11th, I had been critcised, and Im not even to blame.
    I am totally against all this suicidal bombing,
    ahh, a fellow supporter of Israels plight!

Its not fare, I was born in England, I am just like every other english person, and yet I still get racism marks thrown at me.
    Oh this is making me angry. :mad:
    racist remarks.

why get angry?

ReputationRep:
    ahh, a fellow supporter of Israels plight!
    You can hate the idea of suicide bombing and everything that comes with it. But still understand why people in palistine do it. Not supporting or saying that it is ok but just understanding why they do it. I don't agree with suicide bombing but I am more disturbed and upset buy what isreal are doing. So I just thought I would point out that just because someone supports the palistinians it doesn't mean that they support suicide bombings. I can understand that the isreali people are scared but I just don't think the actions of their government are justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    You can hate the idea of suicide bombing and everything that comes with it. But still understand why people in palistine do it. Not supporting or saying that it is ok but just understanding why they do it. I don't agree with suicide bombing but I am more disturbed and upset buy what isreal are doing. So I just thought I would point out that just because someone supports the palistinians it doesn't mean that they support suicide bombings. I can understand that the isreali people are scared but I just don't think the actions of their government are justified.
    if someone supports the Palestinians its generally taken to mean in regard to their conflict against the state of Israel and everything that involves. if you dont agree with suicide bombing how can you support Palestinian resistance?

what Israeli actions are justifiable to you?

ReputationRep:
    don't hate

ReputationRep:
    why are you frowning if you don't hate them?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    if someone supports the Palestinians its generally taken to mean their conflict against the state of Israel and everything that involves. if you dont agree with suicide bombing how can you support Palestinian resistance?

what Israeli actions are justifiable to you?
    I don't support the palistinians resitance it isn't the best way that they can do it. I support the things that they are fighting for but not the actions they are takeing. I think it would be justifiable for the Isrealis to prevent palistinian they percieve as a risk from entering their land using reasonable force which is some situations may be fatal. I don't think that occupying palistinian land is justifiable and the many bombings that happen aren't justifiable.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.