The Student Room Group

AS Level Grade Boundaries

I've recently started my AS Levels, does anyone know the grade boundaries, Maths especially but all the grade boundaries that you know would be helpful, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by andrew_99
I've recently started my AS Levels, does anyone know the grade boundaries, Maths especially but all the grade boundaries that you know would be helpful, thanks :biggrin:

The UMS grade boundaries in each subject are always the same. So in maths these would be 240/300 for an A (there's no A* at AS), 210/300 for a B, 180/300 for a C and so on. These are the same in science.

The raw mark grade boundaries vary depending on the paper and the exam board it's from.

It's as simple as Googling '[name of exam board] [name of subject] grade boundaries [year].'
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Hydeman
The UMS grade boundaries in each subject are always the same. So in maths these would be 240/300 for an A (there's no A* at AS), 210/300 for a B, 180/300 for a C and so on. These are the same in science.

The raw mark grade boundaries vary depending on the paper and the exam board it's from.

It's as simple as Googling '*name of exam board* *name of subject* grade boundaries *year*.'

Sarcastic response not needed...

I can't see anything sarcastic in what hydeman wrote.

The grade boundaries (number of actual marks required for a specific grade) change for every exam paper to compensate for differences in exam difficulty. They are worked out After the papers are marked and the results are analysed.
For modular exams (the "old" A levels) the grade boundaries show how the raw (actual) marks are converted into standardised UMS marks - the UMS required for specific grades never changes.
The grade boundaries are published for each past exam for every subject on the respective examiners web site.
If you are taking any of the new "reformed" A levels, there have not been any grade boundaries set as there have been no exams. The new subjects are linear, they will no longer use UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Sarcastic response not needed...

It wasn't sarcastic. .___.

How am I supposed to know which exam board's grade boundaries you're asking for?

Quick Reply

Latest