Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I'm a bit worried and in search for some support/advice.

I've been accepted for Mechanical Engineering at university. I've got A-level Maths, Chemistry and Economics.

I don't have physics evidently, will that be an issue for me to do mechanical engineering? Will I be behind everyone else in class? Will I struggle if I don't have physics?

I'm worried, and wanna hear your opinions.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Sort of. The mechanics in physics will help a lot with mech eng , so that could bring you behind slightly, unless you did mechanics modules in maths? Did you do m1-3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiabloDesmond)
    Hey guys.

I'm a bit worried and in search for some support/advice.

I've been accepted for Mechanical Engineering at university. I've got A-level Maths, Chemistry and Economics.

I don't have physics evidently, will that be an issue for me to do mechanical engineering? Will I be behind everyone else in class? Will I struggle if I don't have physics?

I'm worried, and wanna hear your opinions.

Cheers!
    Which uni ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Sort of. The mechanics in physics will help a lot with mech eng , so that could bring you behind slightly, unless you did mechanics modules in maths? Did you do m1-3?
    During the maths A-level, we only did M1.They don't have Physics as their requirements. Their requirements are Maths + Chemistry/Physics. I obviously met the requirements.

(Original post by dahl786)
    Which uni ?
    Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=DiabloDesmond;59235921]During the maths A-level, we only did M1.They don't have Physics as their requirements. Their requirements are Maths + Chemistry/Physics. I obviously met the requirements.

Yeh but mech eng requires a fair bit of mechanics, hence the title. If I were you, while you do meet the requirements and have an offer (congrats) I'd still have a look into m2 and m3 because they'll be extremely useful

ReputationRep:
    During the maths A-level, we only did M1.They don't have Physics as their requirements. Their requirements are Maths + Chemistry/Physics. I obviously met the requirements.

Queen Mary
    London?

ReputationRep:
    London?
    Yes, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)
    its a rg uni, so cant be that bad...you should be fine, Without a doubt you will get support if you are struggling with anything Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    its a rg uni, so cant be that bad...you should be fine, Without a doubt you will get support if you are struggling with anything Hope this helps
    Yeah man, deinfately helped. Cheers for the uplifting advice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.