The Student Room Group

Degree for commercial Law

Between Law with criminology and Law with Business which one should I pick if I want to be a commercial lawyer?

Business makes more sense but does it even matter?
Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
You can still pursue a career with either degree. Although if commercial law is what you really want to do and you think that's what interests you then the business option would make more sense. It would probably be easier to build up evidence of your interest in commercial law doing the business option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The answer seems clear from the above statement. Take JSP literally. JSP is the reason I got several training contract interviews. I couldn't express my gratitude enough for JSP's help.
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
You can still pursue a career with either degree. Although if commercial law is what you really want to do and you think that's what interests you then the business option would make more sense. It would probably be easier to build up evidence of your interest in commercial law doing the business option.Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried repping but i'm not allowed lol...

Thanks for your help
Original post by p3ssimist
Between Law with criminology and Law with Business which one should I pick if I want to be a commercial lawyer?

Business makes more sense but does it even matter?

It doesn't matter hugely in itself, but if you already know you want to go into commercial law it's hard to advise you not to study Law with Business. Aside from the merits of the degree itself, you are likely to find more like-minded people on a Law with Business course.

I second Fmacca's point about listening to J-SP.
Reply 4
Law with Business is a no-brainer really.
Surely if you're actually interested in a career in commercial law then Law with Business is the degree which you'll find far, far, more interesting?
Reply 6
Original post by Conzy210
Surely if you're actually interested in a career in commercial law then Law with Business is the degree which you'll find far, far, more interesting?

They both have the same Law modules but the business one has modules you'd take if you were doing a business degree... It seems too 'soft.'

Criminology is soft too but I think it's probably a better option compared to business?
Original post by p3ssimist
They both have the same Law modules but the business one has modules you'd take if you were doing a business degree... It seems too 'soft.'

Criminology is soft too but I think it's probably a better option compared to business?

Are you not actually interested in studying business though? I don't know what is really involved in terms of a business degree modules, but if you're interested in commerce, like you should be, then I imagine the business modules will be far more stimulating.

I'd imagine both are considered equally soft however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by J-SP
You can still pursue a career with either degree. Although if commercial law is what you really want to do and you think that's what interests you then the business option would make more sense. It would probably be easier to build up evidence of your interest in commercial law doing the business option.Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there a way to spin the Law with Criminology degree to make it relevant for commercial law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending