Turn on thread page Beta

Adult Nursing Courses watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hiii,

I've stayed an extra year at sixth form so I can sort my grades out so I'm only doing my UCAS and personal statement now.
    I've signed up to do an EPQ and I'm only expecting myself to get 3 C's. This doesn't seem to be a problem as I've found universities that I could apply to with CCC, and I could probably even get away with CCD if it came to it.
    Was just wondering if anyone has been through a similar situation and got into university for adult nursing with only C's? :-)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by egegegx)
    Hiii,

I've stayed an extra year at sixth form so I can sort my grades out so I'm only doing my UCAS and personal statement now.
    I've signed up to do an EPQ and I'm only expecting myself to get 3 C's. This doesn't seem to be a problem as I've found universities that I could apply to with CCC, and I could probably even get away with CCD if it came to it.
    Was just wondering if anyone has been through a similar situation and got into university for adult nursing with only C's? :-)
    I've moved this to the nursing section for you
    But yes i know people that have gotten onto nursing with CCC, i got onto mh nursing with much worse grades by doing a hnc to make up for them so even if you don't get the ccc you can do things on top of your a levels to make up for it. There are two universities uclan and keele that offer adult nursing with a foundation year so maybe consider one of those as your back up/insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I've moved this to the nursing section for you
    But yes i know people that have gotten onto nursing with CCC, i got onto mh nursing with much worse grades by doing a hnc to make up for them so even if you don't get the ccc you can do things on top of your a levels to make up for it. There are two universities uclan and keele that offer adult nursing with a foundation year so maybe consider one of those as your back up/insurance choice
    Ahh thankyou!!
    Oh really! which university do you go to? Also, what's a HNC?? Yeah I looked at UCLAN's foundation degree so I think I might use that as one of my 5 choices! Thankyou x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.