Turn on thread page Beta

Help with A-Level predicted grades. watch

ReputationRep:
    I am slightly confused about how predicted grades and conditional offers work.

Lets say a university's requirement for a course is AAA and someone applying is predicted A*A*A*. This therefore means that they will get a conditional offer of A*A*A* (im guessing? or is it AAA?), what if the person doesnt get those grades and gets AAA? Does the uni have to reconsider that applicant as they didnt meet the conditional offer? or do they still get accepted as they still meet the minimum requirement?

Someone please explain lol.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the student and the course

ReputationRep:
    A university can make whatever offer they want. If you're predicted A*A*A* for example, and the typical offer/requirement is AAA, then they may say 'hey, he/she is capable, let's push up the offer a little bit', so they might throw at you a A*AA offer.

But what ever offer they give you, you ideally have to meet that offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)

Lets say a university's requirement for a course is AAA and someone applying is predicted A*A*A*. This therefore means that they will get a conditional offer of A*A*A* (im guessing? or is it AAA?), what if the person doesnt get those grades and gets AAA? Does the uni have to reconsider that applicant as they didnt meet the conditional offer? or do they still get accepted as they still meet the minimum requirement?

The wording is usually 'typical offer' - you have to get what the uni asks for, sometimes exactly ie offer BBB then ABC might not be accepted as equivalent.

If your offer is A*A*A* then that's what you have to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)

That's exactly my query.

All I need is AAA for my KCL offer. But my predicted grades will probably be A*A*A or A*AA. I may just get my teachers to lower prediction to AAA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    That's exactly my query.

All I need is AAA for my KCL offer. But my predicted grades will probably be A*A*A or A*AA. I may just get my teachers to lower prediction to AAA...
    If you got an offer from KCL, it would be for AAA - it would only be lower or higher if there were extraordinary circumstances. You'd just have to get AAA, and if you did, you'd be accepted - you wouldn't be penalised for not achieving your predicted grades. Please don't get your predicted grades lowered - they'd potentially make you a weaker applicant, as higher predictions make you look more capable, and there is literally no harm having the highest predictions possible; it just makes you look like a good candidate, and as long as you eventually achieve whatever your conditional offer is, you'll have a place.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.