Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the quickest way to Buxton campus? (LIVES In SHEFFIELD)

I have 2 options:*

1. Train*

From sheffield to Stockport*

From Stockport to Buxton ( very experince I would like to avoid that option)*

Or option 2.*

Train

From sheffield to Derby*

Head to Derby coach station (every hour on the hour)*
    To Buxton 1hr 40mins (apparatenly is free journey for students)*

It's just a long journey I have to set off extra extra extra early.

Please help I have induction on Mon 14 sept 2015. At Buxton campus.*

Any other alternatives.
    Much appreciated :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AI_AI)
    Does anyone know the quickest way to Buxton campus? (LIVES In SHEFFIELD)

I have 2 options:*

1. Train*

From sheffield to Stockport*

From Stockport to Buxton ( very experince I would like to avoid that option)*

Or option 2.*

Train

From sheffield to Derby*

Head to Derby coach station (every hour on the hour)*
    To Buxton 1hr 40mins (apparatenly is free journey for students)*

It's just a long journey I have to set off extra extra extra early.

Please help I have induction on Mon 14 sept 2015. At Buxton campus.*

Any other alternatives.
    Much appreciated :-)
    What time do you need to get to Buxton?

Bus number 65 Sheffield Interchange to Buxton 1h 25m http://www.tmtravel.co.uk/bus-times/derbyshire/
    1 day ticket £6.50
    1 week ticket £18.50
    http://www.tmtravel.co.uk/tickets/

ReputationRep:
    Really wow 1pm.
    Thanks sooo much :-) 😆
    Would the bus take you to Buxton Interchange and is that far from the campus. Also could you buy a cheaper bus ticket with your student card. Thanks again joined up 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AI_AI)
    Really wow 1pm.
    Thanks sooo much :-) 😆
    Would the bus take you to Buxton Interchange and is that far from the campus. Also could you buy a cheaper bus ticket with your student card. Thanks again joined up 👍
    That bus goes to the Buxton train station according to http://www.derbysbus.info/images/buxton.pdf and the train station is 5 minutes walk from the main dome according to me

also this might help you planning a journey http://www.derbysbus.info/maps/county.htm dunno about any discounts - ask someone when you're there.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, for the info. ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AI_AI)
    Thanks, for the info. ☺
    You do get some free travel when enrolled (and have an ID badge) but only on certain busses. It's the
    Trans Peak Buxton to Derby City Centre route and
    185/186 Buxton to Harpur Hill route.

You get a full information about this in your enrolement pack (A4 clear folder, with your name and course etc sticker on it. Also, when you get your ID badge check you have a green bus symbol on it near your name, you need one if you plan to use these, and I went back and got one put on anyway just in case.

If your still thinking of using a train then there is the 16-25 railcard which gives you 1/3 off most journeys, but i think from earlier posts you are now planning to use a bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    You do get some free travel when enrolled (and have an ID badge) but only on certain busses. It's the
    Trans Peak Buxton to Derby City Centre route and
    185/186 Buxton to Harpur Hill route.

You get a full information about this in your enrolement pack (A4 clear folder, with your name and course etc sticker on it. Also, when you get your ID badge check you have a green bus symbol on it near your name, you need one if you plan to use these, and I went back and got one put on anyway just in case.

If your still thinking of using a train then there is the 16-25 railcard which gives you 1/3 off most journeys, but i think from earlier posts you are now planning to use a bus.
    Thanks sooo much, I decided to catch the train. Found out the buses come every two hours. The earliest bus to Buxton is 9.25.

Car sharing is better and cheaper alternative. Just need to find out if anyone is driving from sheff to Buxton campus. 😆

University open days

1. University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Postgraduate
    Thu, 6 Sep '18
  2. University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.