Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

has any1 revised an A level in only a week... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Lol, I'm just lucky geography was a piss easy paper. I did no revision and got one mark off a C for module 1 in January, so I need to murder it this time around.
    I get really hacked off when I devote the little time I do spend revising on learning hard stuff - then the stuff just doesn't turn up in the exam! It's a bloody annoyance, lol.

yes - its annoying isnt it, but you still have to learn the hard stuff...what board are you doing for economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    im talking about as
    lol did u make that graph, i thought u were talkin about A2 :confused: neva mind im tired and confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    and still got an A or B?

ive started revising kinda late for biology and psychology and am cramming stuff ive not even learnt before.
    the thing is though, im quite confident i know the stuff even though ive only learnt it once coz im repeating it to myself quite a lot
    Honestly, I think you should be fine. Remember to familiarise yourself with the paper formats though! Timing is essential. Lots of people get into the trap of writing too much for one question, and completely leaving out another. Remember, there are opportunity costs for everything you do.

Check through your syllabus and mark off what you know already, and what you don't know. Call up your friends if you're in a panic coz' they will probably be in exactly the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you could replace the 'Start of Term' on that graph with 'Start of Study Leave' for me. I can't believe I was so lazy as to do virtually nothing until the middle of half term.

ReputationRep:
    yes - its annoying isnt it, but you still have to learn the hard stuff...what board are you doing for economics?
    I think History is one of the worst papers. Coz' you have to study the entire syllabus, and only 2 topics come up!

Now that is just ouch. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    AQA - I honestly know sweet FA in module 2 (macro). But I'm okay on module 1 (micro) because it's fairly easy. I'm going to just learn module 2 + 3 for 2 days, then do past papers on the last day of revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Nono.. Those were AS

Though I have 6A2s to do starting today... And my future looks very bleak.
    lol bleak whats the worst that can happen! 6B's!
    even if you got AAABCD that would be unbelieveable!

ReputationRep:
    AQA - I honestly know sweet FA in module 2 (macro). But I'm okay on module 1 (micro) because it's fairly easy. I'm going to just learn module 2 + 3 for 2 days, then do past papers on the last day of revision.
    lol yea same here are you choosing environmental/housing for mod 3?

ReputationRep:
    lol yea same here are you choosing environmental/housing for mod 3?
    In class we concentrated on housing and sport + leisure. But I'll have a scan over everything. Sport + leisure is meant to be the one which dumbasses choose to bang on about football clubs for half the question, but to score well on it is apparently v. hard. I'm good at housing though because it meshes with geography and it is nearly always linked to supply/demand and interest rates - which is quite easy to explain. Gov. failure for housing is quite easy too.

ReputationRep:
    In class we concentrated on housing and sport + leisure. But I'll have a scan over everything. Sport + leisure is meant to be the one which dumbasses choose to bang on about football clubs for half the question, but to score well on it is apparently v. hard. I'm good at housing though because it meshes with geography and it is nearly always linked to supply/demand and interest rates - which is quite easy to explain. Gov. failure for housing is quite easy too.
    ahh maths tommorow must sleep - have you got msn? itd be good to keep in touch and talk over bits when the time comes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dust)
    6A's at AS?!

omg wow!
    :eek:

lol wat did u do?
    I pretend to like my subjects and in all honesty, although my revision was very very very bad, I am one of those who pay attention in class and do my work. So I guess that sort of helped.

ReputationRep:
    thats just amazin... wat 6 did u take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dust)
    thats just amazin... wat 6 did u take?
    History
    Econs
    English Lit
    Maths
    F Maths
    General Studies

And THIS year I've got an Econs AEA as well. That makes 7 'subjects'... I think I'm going insane.

ReputationRep:
    History
    Econs
    English Lit
    Maths
    F Maths
    General Studies

And THIS year I've got an Econs AEA as well. That makes 7 'subjects'... I think I'm going insane.
    no way!

ReputationRep:
    lol :eek: :eek:

wat dya wanna do uni wise?
    lol i;m still in shock... lol if only i could just 3A's

ReputationRep:
    no way!
    Unfortunately.. YES WAY.
    However, I was still rejected by Cambridge so it's not all that impressive

ReputationRep:
    cambridge rejected u?! thats crazy!!

ReputationRep:
    History
    Econs
    English Lit
    Maths
    F Maths
    General Studies

lol that is amazing. *claps claps*
    if you get 6 A's at Alevel you will have 720 Ucas points! i wonder if a uni will accept that?
    omg you already have 360 ucas points!

ReputationRep:
    Lolz you guys are flattering me too much! STOP IT!
    Haha.. Well all could go badly this summer and 6As at AS doesn't mean that I could get 6As for A2s.. so you know, shhhhh! I just hope I can maintain it. I really want to do well because I've never been an awesome student so this could be my chance to finally achieve something.

And yeh.. Cambridge doesn't look for exam results only. I'm not a very 'interview' person - especially since I'm not British and I have a hard time understanding your accents! But yeh.. I wouldn't have fit in Cam anyway. Getting good exams is one thing, but being truly clever is another. Unfortunately, I was born average.. but that's okie

ReputationRep:
    lol hunny that isnt average!

but its all good.. hopefully u'll b well successful in wateva u do and whereva u go

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.