Turn on thread page Beta

Public transport costs for students in DERBY watch

ReputationRep:
    I moved to Derby for studies and I have no idea how the public transport system works. I would like to know if I have to apply like in London only for a student card and if I can top up monthly by zones. I appreciate every help.
    Thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by baixinha)
    I moved to Derby for studies and I have no idea how the public transport system works. I would like to know if I have to apply like in London only for a student card and if I can top up monthly by zones. I appreciate every help.
    Thank you.
    No, its not like london with zones etc.
    Bus wise- its just like anywhere else really, just get on a bus, pay, and go wherever. It might be useful for you to get a bus timetable so you know what buses go where and when.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    No, its not like london with zones etc.
    Bus wise- its just like anywhere else really, just get on a bus, pay, and go wherever. It might be useful for you to get a bus timetable so you know what buses go where and when.

I'm a student and I don't want to buy every day a ticket. There must be something for a student that I can manage my budget.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm a student and I don't want to buy every day a ticket. There must be something for a student that I can manage my budget.
    Most bus companies like arriva etc do things like weekly and mothly tickets, which may be worth it if you use the bus a lot. They are worth looking into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Most bus companies like arriva etc do things like weekly and mothly tickets, which may be worth it if you use the bus a lot. They are worth looking into.

Thank you. I will ask the university for further information.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I will ask the university for further information.
    its worth posting in the derby forum too. also I can't speak for Derby specifically but in many places you can get termly or annual passes either for just the academic year or the whole year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    its worth posting in the derby forum too. also I can't speak for Derby specifically but in many places you can get termly or annual passes either for just the academic year or the whole year.
    Thanks, I bought saver £299 annual travel in Derby today. I definitely saved a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I bought saver £299 annual travel in Derby today. I definitely saved a lot of money.
    Did you get a promotional code as that's very cheap? Please share thanks

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.