Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 4A's at AS with 91.5% UMS avg across all 4 of my AS levels (bio chem psych geog) and Im carrying on with Chem Bio Psych.

Most of the medical schools have a-level requirements of AAA-A*AA and i am capable of achieving this. I just wanted to ask you guys' opinions on what I should set my predicted grades at?

Obviously predicted grades of A*A*A* would make me a desirable applicant but im scared that with those predicted grades my conditional offer may be high too. I wanted to ask whether predicted grades actually affect the offer made by the uni? i.e. if your predicted is 3A*s will your offer also be the same or will it be the minimum entry requirement i.e. AAA - A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    someone?

(Original post by qwerty123A)
    I got 4A's at AS with 91.5% UMS avg across all 4 of my AS levels (bio chem psych geog) and Im carrying on with Chem Bio Psych.

Most of the medical schools have a-level requirements of AAA-A*AA and i am capable of achieving this. I just wanted to ask you guys' opinions on what I should set my predicted grades at?

Obviously predicted grades of A*A*A* would make me a desirable applicant but im scared that with those predicted grades my conditional offer may be high too. I wanted to ask whether predicted grades actually affect the offer made by the uni? i.e. if your predicted is 3A*s will your offer also be the same or will it be the minimum entry requirement i.e. AAA - A*AA.
    It depends on the university. Most medical schools will give you their standard offer regardless of whether you've got an A*A*A* prediction or AAA/A*AA predictions. Cambridge, however, can give higher than usual offers (thought not lower, I don't think) than their typical one if they want to take you but aren't as sure of your academic abilities as another person's.

At the end of the day, predicted grades are just that: predicted. They're only going to care about them if you've been predicted less than their requirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    It depends on the university. Most medical schools will give you their standard offer regardless of whether you've got an A*A*A* prediction or AAA/A*AA predictions. Cambridge, however, can give higher than usual offers (thought not lower, I don't think) than their typical one if they want to take you but aren't as sure of your academic abilities as another person's.

At the end of the day, predicted grades are just that: predicted. They're only going to care about them if you've been predicted less than their requirement.
    Ah i see, thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Your predicted grades will make no difference to the offer you are made, which is likely to be that that is standard for that Med School-usually AAA or A*AA, though occasionally more

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.