randomperson11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have always thought that ict and computer science were the same. But it seems there is a difference. Can you tell me the difference between both gcses. Also why is ict known as a soft subject? Please help
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by randomperson11)
I have always thought that ict and computer science were the same. But it seems there is a difference. Can you tell me the difference between both gcses. Also why is ict known as a soft subject? Please help
Hey, I've popped this into the Computer Science and IT section so you hopefully get some help

Posted from TSR Mobile
0VOID0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ICT: Microsoft excel, etc.
Computer Science: All the cool and science stuff about technology.
icesquid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ICT is basically doing spreadsheets, stuff on microsoft word, access, powerpoint, etc. Not really hard to learn just you gotta' do a lot of work.

Computing however is a lot more complicated, you will have to learn more stuff than in ICT. It's not for everyone however as a portion of people who taking computing find it quite boring, so I guess you gotta' love computers in the first place to actually enjoy Computing as a subject.
ayy_lmao7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ICT is learning about how to use the computer whilst computer science is more about understanding it. ICT is considered easier as a lot of the program you will learn about you way already use, therefore computer science is often considered more valuable. I took computer science at GCSE and would definitely recommend it.
TechDoc326
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only take Computer Science if you have the patience to learn a new language because the controlled assessment requires you to complete a project on computer language based programs such as Python!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.58%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.86%
I need help with my personal statement (59)
40.97%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.08%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.94%

Watched Threads