Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help! Does anyone know any abattoirs in Yorkshire that take work experience students? Just for around half a day! Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Your name...
    and you want to work in an abbatoir..?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by vis break)
    Your name...
    and you want to work in an abbatoir..?
    that's what i was thinking....:moo:

ReputationRep:
    You probably already have... But have you tried google?
    Where abouts in Yorkshire (N,S,E,W?)
    Could the Agricultural colleges help you out? Bishop Burton or Askham Bryan.
    Ask local farmers?

Hope some of that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    GeorgeOHW quoted you and replied to your post on the other thread. They said:
    "Cranswick Country Foods in Preston, Humberside is where I went! They do only pigs but on such a huge scale (they killed 6000 the day I went) and they use the more modern gassing mechanism which was interesting!"

The rest of you chill, it's common for vet applicants to do :dontknow: . Y'know, since vets are involved with public health and all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for veterinary medicine so I need work experience....

And preferably North/West Yorkshire, I've tried google etc but they seem hard to find so I was just wondering if anyone knows any that definitely accept students! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    GeorgeOHW quoted you and replied to your post on the other thread. They said:
    "Cranswick Country Foods in Preston, Humberside is where I went! They do only pigs but on such a huge scale (they killed 6000 the day I went) and they use the more modern gassing mechanism which was interesting!"

The rest of you chill, it's common for vet applicants to do :dontknow: . Y'know, since vets are involved with public health and all.
    Yes I saw that, thank you! Was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere closer

ReputationRep:
    What about asking butchers? They might be able to put you in touch with some abattoirs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Animal Health/AHVLA may also be a good point of contact as well as large animal practices in the area.

Good luck finding a placement

ReputationRep:
    Malton Bacon Factory?

ReputationRep:
    Dunbia would be a good shout as well, although they are based in Preston

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.