The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NMccabe
Would anyone be able to give me some tips for the interview at newcastle uni as I am not sure whay to expect, thanks

The people were all very nice and it wasn't as terrifying as people in previous years made it seem. As long you understand the world of SLT well then the whole day will be fine :smile:
Original post by tildawatts
has anyone had a reply from sheffield yet?? i had my interview on the 19th january, it feels like ages ago!! :-)

My interview was in January too and still haven't heard anything :smile:
So during half term I lost patience and emailed Sheffield asking about my application. Just got a standard email back unfortunately saying the tutor is still making decisions! Come on, it's coming up for 3 months now!
Original post by CassiaPeach
So during half term I lost patience and emailed Sheffield asking about my application. Just got a standard email back unfortunately saying the tutor is still making decisions! Come on, it's coming up for 3 months now!

Sheffield have had a reputation the last couple of years of being rather slow to respond to the majority of applicants so don't panic too much.

Have you had any decisions from elsewhere?

Good luck.
Original post by AmyPilot
Sheffield have had a reputation the last couple of years of being rather slow to respond to the majority of applicants so don't panic too much.

Have you had any decisions from elsewhere?

Good luck.

Yeah, offers from Reading and S Mark and St John. Waiting on Sheffield and East Anglia. Withdrew Manchester.
Reply 585
Original post by H1998
Has anyone heard from City about their selection day for SLT?

Hi
Not yet but I applied on January 12th.
When did you apply?
hey guys, just wondering if anyone can remember if uni of manchester said they'd let all of their interviewees know by tomorrow (26th) their decision?? i cant remember the date!
hey guys, just wondering if anyone can remember if uni of manchester said they'd let all of their interviewees know by tomorrow (26th) their decision?? i cant remember the date!

Yeah it's tomorrow, eek!
Original post by paigecooney20
Yeah it's tomorrow, eek!

thank you!! good luck!! x
thank you!! good luck!! x

Thanks! Good luck to you as well!! x
Ooo hurry up and e-mail me UoM ! Has anybody heard yet ??
Original post by Fleuves

In the last couple of years the responses from UoM have come in the evening so you may have a while to wait - in 2014 when I applied I heard about 8pm via Track - the uni doesn't usually email direct.

Good luck
I just received an unconditional offer from Manchester. This means I'm declining my interview at Leeds. I'll still keep the one at MMU, to see how it compares to Manchester, but I'm glad to know that I definitely have a place somewhere in the north! :smile: Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Original post by opalescent
I just received an unconditional offer from Manchester. This means I'm declining my interview at Leeds. I'll still keep the one at MMU, to see how it compares to Manchester, but I'm glad to know that I definitely have a place somewhere in the north! :smile: Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Is it unconditional because you already have the requirements (eg already completed alevels)? :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by AmyPilot
In the last couple of years the responses from UoM have come in the evening so you may have a while to wait - in 2014 when I applied I heard about 8pm via Track - the uni doesn't usually email direct.

Good luck

Will track send an email or do you have to check directly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fleuves

Nothing... kind of wish they'd hurry if it's a rejection. They may as well. Yep have also noticed UCAS always seems to be updated at weird-unworking hour times 8pm and all.....
Original post by Galaxies
Nothing... kind of wish they'd hurry if it's a rejection. They may as well. Yep have also noticed UCAS always seems to be updated at weird-unworking hour times 8pm and all.....

When I applied Track updated about 8pm! Reckon the admissions office send all the data through close to shutting the office for the day and then it just takes time for track to update.

Good luck
Original post by Kelly04
Will track send an email or do you have to check directly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do get an email but there is usually a delay between track updating and the email coming through.

Good luck
Original post by opalescent

Congrats! And good luck for MMU interview - when is that?

I had to pick between both Manchester unis too lol
Just checked my track- got an offer! Haven't received an email yet though so check your track guys!

Quick Reply

Latest