The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm an SLT applicant, I've applied to MMU, Manchester, BCU and Leeds Beckett, received a rejection from both Manchester Uni's , really gutted as I wanted to go there. I've also received two interviews from BCU and Leeds Beckett. Is there any possibility of going through clearing/Adjustment on results day for the Mancherster Uni's? As I saw on last years thread a girl got in to UoM on results day through adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilyrosew
Possibly yeah! I'm doing English Language, Applied Science and History, I based my A-levels around the fact I wanted to do primary education when I first started Sixth Form but when I discovered SLT I realised it was more suited to me :smile: How about you?

Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I really didn't know what to do with myself and sort of got nudged to science by family and teachers as I didn't have a preference. I liked all subjects! Had a vague idea of medicine too but have decided I'm too squeamish!
Original post by CassiaPeach
Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I really didn't know what to do with myself and sort of got nudged to science by family and teachers as I didn't have a preference. I liked all subjects! Had a vague idea of medicine too but have decided I'm too squeamish!

Biology is a good one to have for SLT, haha I would be the same! Where else have you applied for other than the UEA?
Biology is a good one to have for SLT, haha I would be the same! Where else have you applied for other than the UEA?

Reading (offer), Marjon (offer), Sheffield (interview) and Manchester (withdrew). Haha offer offer interview withdrew sounds vaguely like the Henry the eighth wives poem everyone learnt in primary School! Sorry that's a bit random!
Reply 664
Has anyone heard anything from mmu more than a week after their interview? I know a couple of girls who had their interview the same day as me and they both got offers a week after and I have no word!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CassiaPeach
Reading (offer), Marjon (offer), Sheffield (interview) and Manchester (withdrew). Haha offer offer interview withdrew sounds vaguely like the Henry the eighth wives poem everyone learnt in primary School! Sorry that's a bit random!

Hahah, well good luck with UEA I'm sure you will get the offer!
Reply 666
Hi! Was wondering if there are any current University of Reading SLT students?

I'm an international student (from Canada!) and received an offer but haven't accepted yet. I know the program is 2 years without breaks but my question is.. are there reading weeks during the semesters or breaks around Christmas?

Just hoping that I would be able to return home during that time! Thankkks so much!
Original post by cmeier
Hi! Was wondering if there are any current University of Reading SLT students?

I'm an international student (from Canada!) and received an offer but haven't accepted yet. I know the program is 2 years without breaks but my question is.. are there reading weeks during the semesters or breaks around Christmas?

Just hoping that I would be able to return home during that time! Thankkks so much!

Hello fellow Canuck!

I am a first year at DMU (though not an international student because I am a UK resident now with indefinite leave to remain)

Anyway if you are doing the 2 year program you're likely doing the Master's route. There may be breaks duing the Christmas and Easter period. I had breaks when I did my MA here in the UK. Though that wasn't in Speech Therapy. It might be a good idea to look in the postgrad forum,there might be some insight there.

I couldn't find thelink to it though. Sorry!
Reply 668
Original post by TiramisuGoomba
Hello fellow Canuck!

I am a first year at DMU (though not an international student because I am a UK resident now with indefinite leave to remain)

Anyway if you are doing the 2 year program you're likely doing the Master's route. There may be breaks duing the Christmas and Easter period. I had breaks when I did my MA here in the UK. Though that wasn't in Speech Therapy. It might be a good idea to look in the postgrad forum,there might be some insight there.

I couldn't find thelink to it though. Sorry!

Awesome! Thanks so much eh? (lol fellow Canadian joke) Yes I am doing the Master's route and I was able to find the Postgraduate forum if anyone is looking for it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3276273
Original post by Gnelson
Has anyone heard anything from mmu more than a week after their interview? I know some a couple of girls who had their interview the same day as me and they both got offers a week after and I have no word!

How long ago was your interview? Mine was at the end of January and I've heard nothing!! They did mention that some would receive offers/rejections soon after the interview and some would be put on hold until all interviews have happened so I think that's what's happened with me! But they mentioned that people on hold probably won't hear until the end of April so might be a while yet!
Hey! My interview was December 1st and they only got back quite recently, can't remember the specific date but I think it was around 10th Feb! Very similar to the UEA interview then? Thank you!

Oh wow, that's a long time! They said we would hear within three weeks, but I think that's unlikely to be honest haha! Fingers crossed though. Yeah I'd say it's fairly similar, although at the UEA there wasn't a group task :smile:
Reply 671
Original post by hannahs98
How long ago was your interview? Mine was at the end of January and I've heard nothing!! They did mention that some would receive offers/rejections soon after the interview and some would be put on hold until all interviews have happened so I think that's what's happened with me! But they mentioned that people on hold probably won't hear until the end of April so might be a while yet!

Mines was mid February! End of April is so long to wait lol! Thanks very much hopefully we'll hear soon enough!!
Reply 672
Hi just wanted to know those who applied for. Leeds Beckett how long it was before you heard back

Thanx
Just to let people know that the UEA are starting to give offers. I've just received an offer and it will be my first choice 😃
City London are too- just received mine 😊😊
I just got an offer from Sheffield!!!
Reply 676
Congrats to you both x How long ago did you have your interviews for city Sheffield etc
Original post by widx
Congrats to you both x How long ago did you have your interviews for city Sheffield etc

My interview at Sheffield was 7th December. When was yours?
Reply 678
I only applied to Leeds my interview was last week
so have Sheffield began to give offers out again?? i really wanna know if i have got in or not there!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest