Turn on thread page Beta

A guy keeps texting me, but I don't like him watch

ReputationRep:
    A couple of days ago a guy asked for my number through FB. I don't really know this guy but we have spoken before, but let's put it that when he texted me I didn't know who it was until I saw his profile picture. But I gave him my number because I thought it wouldn't really matter. But he keeps texting me and sometimes his texts have an x at the end and I know this doesn't mean he is into me but it's confusing. I don't like him and it's getting quite annoying, and I don't want him to ask me out. How do I get this guy to leave me alone without asking him if he's into me? He might just be trying to be friendly I know, but I don't want that to develop into anything. I hardly know this guy!

ReputationRep:
    Be friendly with the guy but if he tries to push things just tell him where he stands - don't overthink things just chill!

ReputationRep:
    Just chat to him in a friendly way and if he asks you out, politely say you are not interested in him in that way.

ReputationRep:
    send him this pic

https://embed.gyazo.com/f7ef4deccc3d...04f03edcda.png

ReputationRep:
    That made me laugh more than it should have :lol:

OP just as above said, continue to be friendly and keep all talk platonic. Maybe casually drop in the word 'friend' when you refer to him if that's possible. You don't know if he's interested in you so it's better not to over-think it. If he asks you out, decline nicely

ReputationRep:
    Don't string him along, if you have no interest in talking to him just tell him that. Let the guy know where he stands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSerendipity)
    That made me laugh more than it should have :lol:

OP just as above said, continue to be friendly and keep all talk platonic. Maybe casually drop in the word 'friend' when you refer to him if that's possible. You don't know if he's interested in you so it's better not to over-think it. If he asks you out, decline nicely
    yeah agreed, something i personally like to do is casually drop in the fact i have a boyfriend. of course, you could change this to lying a little with "someone im interested in"

if he asks you what youre doing on a certain day, say "i met a guy i'm interested in, we're going to go on a date"

if he asks how it went after "i'm unsure. i'm going to think about it. sorry, i need to get my feelings in check, so i don't feel like talking about it"

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    just ignore him. he will get the message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyliep36)
    A couple of days ago a guy asked for my number through FB. I don't really know this guy but we have spoken before, but let's put it that when he texted me I didn't know who it was until I saw his profile picture. But I gave him my number because I thought it wouldn't really matter. But he keeps texting me and sometimes his texts have an x at the end and I know this doesn't mean he is into me but it's confusing. I don't like him and it's getting quite annoying, and I don't want him to ask me out. How do I get this guy to leave me alone without asking him if he's into me? He might just be trying to be friendly I know, but I don't want that to develop into anything. I hardly know this guy!
    you should be honest to him
    call him brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freedom)
    just ignore him. he will get the message
    Or not. Ha!

ReputationRep:
    Just avoid. Don't even reply. Don't block. Just pretend he's not there. Harsh but time is costly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies! He asked me if I was into him, so I told him that I was interested in someone else. I guess the problem sorted itself out I did like the photo DannyDualscar I might use it in the future

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies! He asked me if I was into him, so I told him that I was interested in someone else. I guess the problem sorted itself out I did like the photo DannyDualscar I might use it in the future
    haha im glad it got sorted out!!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    He will stop if you utilize the "K." technique correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing is happening with me, just dont reply or be more blunt than usual.

ReputationRep:
    Giving your number is mild encouragement. Not replying to his texts may help. Otherwise you will have to tell him you're not up for it.

ReputationRep:
    Sweetie, if there’s an x at the end, example belowHey this is _____ I like you a lot XThen he’s in trouble and he needs help.

ReputationRep:
    You should go on a date with him, never know you might end up liking him if you gave the guy a chance and got to know him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.