Turn on thread page Beta

Crippling shyness and an interview for a call centre! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Am I mad?

I'm incredibly shy but can sometimes fake it and come across as fairly confident. Been going through a pretty crappy time as I graduated last year and have since been unemployed despite bouts of volunteering and temp work. This has definitely affected my confidence and made my already bad anxiety even worse.

Today I was feeling particularly low and actually asked the universe to grant me a miracle (lol) and low and behold got an email inviting me to a telephone interview for a call centre job.

The job is for a large TV and broadband company and it involves customer retentions so basically persuading customers not to cancel their packages, so not the easiest call centre job!

I know that any job I do now will only be until next September as I am planning on going back to university, so in a way I guess it would be comforting to know that my situation won't be permanent and I might actually gain some confidence and communication skills to help me!

Probably seems like a no brainer to most people but my confidence and shyness is so bad that I have doubts of even completing the interview. I'm not someone that can just think of things on the spot especially in pressured situations and I've heard the interview process for this company is pretty tough. The words "role" and "play" just fill me with dread!!!

Not sure why I'm even posting this but would appreciate if anyone has any advice?! (Or if someone can just give me a kick up the backside and please persuade me to gain some balls and at least give it a go!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I'm really shy too! And I need a job too and I'm going to uni next year so we are in similar situations I think.
    Just be positive it will be fine Just think that it's only a chat and its not the end of it doesn't go well. It will be fine though just be yourself and try and stay relaxed 😊
    Good luck!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.