Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've recently been accepted as a volunteer at the CAB local to my university. However I am volunteering for an administrative role. I am hoping to apply for vac schemes in the coming months.

Would law firms still view my experience at the CAB as something beneficial or are they only inclined to view voluntary CAB advisors and assessors as something of merit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhalla94)
    I've recently been accepted as a volunteer at the CAB local to my university. However I am volunteering for an administrative role. I am hoping to apply for vac schemes in the coming months.

Would law firms still view my experience at the CAB as something beneficial or are they only inclined to view voluntary CAB advisors and assessors as something of merit?
    As long as you can show what skills you have developed etc from the experience it's perfectly valid as an assessor.

The only distinguishing factor is that as an advisor or an assessor you engage more with the law so it can be counted as 'legal' work experience. Your admin role won't really fulfil that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.