The Student Room Group

Nottingham A108 Medicine with a Foundation Year 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tr.12
Hi guys im looking for some advice onn medicine courses with a foundation year
I'm going into year 13 doing English language, Biology and Chemistry.
My predicted grades will most likely be
English - a*/a
Biology - a/b
Chemistry - b
( I've also got an A in AS Geography)

Obviously these aren't high enough for medicine and that is the only thing I want to do, so I've been looking into med with foundation years and I do fit the general requirements of having a low house hold income, deprived secondary school, first generation of my family to go into higher education and also had medical problems this year. I know I can achieve A*AA next year but my predicted grades won't be that high.

Will I be able to apply for medicine with the foundation if I get AB B predicted grades, and then if I achieve the standard AAA, not have to do the foundation year? I have relevant work experience so personal statent will be good , ok GCSEs (2a*7a1b) and am sitting ukcat in a couple of weeks but hopefully that goes well.

Never looked into the foundation year before but seems perfect for me, unless I'm missing something.

If you applied for the foundation year, it doesn't mater if you get A*A*A* you'll still have to do it, I know people on my course with super high grades but it doesn't matter you get what you apply for- hope that helps 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys, i know this is an old thread but was just looking for some advice as I have an unconditional offer to start the A108 programme in September 2017 and was wondering about accommodation. After experiencing the course and working at Derby would you recommend looking for accommodation in Derby as Nottingham advise or making the journey daily from living in Nottingham? Thanks for any help in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending