Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cameron is making fools of the lot of you. If a migrant seeks asylum in any other EU country and is granted an EU passport, they are now well within their rights, just like any other EU citizen, to move to the UK. This is what many of them will do. They will take up asylum in one country and then head to the UK to live and work.

The only difference then is rather than them being asylum seekers coming to the country, they'll be EU nationals coming to the country which will actually change the statistics on migration.

The fact is, whilst the UK is in the EU/EEA (with free movement), there really is no way to stop these migrants or asylum seekers reaching the UK once they're in Europe. The only way to stop these ever getting to the UK is to not let them into Europe in the first place, but thats not going to happen.

Its hilarious that people think Cameron means it when he says they'll only take so many over the next so many years. Isn't this the same Cameron and Conservative government that said they'd slash immigration figures down to the tens of thousands? They lied about that as well. They simply haven't got any control and once a person has an EU passport the UK is open to them.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the philosophy of one of the immigration officers I shadowed once during work experience: "If in doubt, keep everyone out!"
    Of course he couldn't say that publicly or to my face, but I did overhear him a couple of times!

ReputationRep:
    Should of been realised as a cost of the war on terror. If you destroy another mans country you should at least offer him shelter.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.