Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Exams---esay in June? Hard in January? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone. I heard of that some teachers said that, the OCR exams in every June, which we are preparing now, are easier than the same module exam paper in every January. Is that ture???

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. I do OCR Philosophy, and usually their papers are easier in june, but they were easier in the janurary this year. You can never tell, methinks.

ReputationRep:
    OCR physics tends to be that way, from what I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    I know for a fact that OCR Biology Central Concepts that I took in January was one hell of a hard exam. The teachers were really apologetic about it! (it's not like it was their fault!) In my whole class, only 4 of us aren't retaking! T'was one hard exam!

ReputationRep:
    I do OCR a2 Geology, and the Jan Units are always WAY harder then the June ones!!!

Not to say the June ones are easy- they're deadly too.

ReputationRep:
    Ive noticed this with OCR GCSE's too, the maths papers we got recently for 04 January seemed harder than the ones for Summer 03 and the same for 02/03 exams. My guess would be they prefer the exams to be harder since the majority taking them are people resitting who should make good use of the extra time they have to revise and not simply take them because they might be easier than the summer exams.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno...my boyfriend did OCR in June in German and got an E, then resat in in Jan and got a C. (he didn't do any revision for either exam)

ReputationRep:
    i wunt say so. i c'd my physics in june then got full marks in january. mybe ure teachers are trying to encourage you to do well first time to stop everyone resitting in january.
    just my thoughts

ReputationRep:
    yes they tend to be slightly harder in january i've noticed but then again the marks should be rounded up higher if thats the case.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.