Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically in my first year I did English, chemistry, maths and bio and achieved CEUU respectively,

Then I resat the year with economics, history, religious studies and carried English on to A2 and achieved bbbB this year

And in my GCSE's I have 7 B's and 3Cs

I was wondering would I be considered for law at manchester or would they completely disregard my application?

Thank you for any advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostrider)
    So basically in my first year I did English, chemistry, maths and bio and achieved CEUU respectively,

Then I resat the year with economics, history, religious studies and carried English on to A2 and achieved BBBB this year

And in my GCSE's I have 7 B's and 3Cs

I was wondering would I be considered for law at manchester or would they completely disregard my application?

Thank you for any advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are their entry requirements?

ReputationRep:
    Manchester asks for AAA at A-level and a "strong overall profile" at GCSE with an A in English Language and a B in Maths. So you seem to fall far short of the entry requirements, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    What are their entry requirements?
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Manchester asks for AAA at A-level and a "strong overall profile" at GCSE with an A in English Language and a B in Maths. So you seem to fall far short of the entry requirements, unfortunately.
    the entry requirement is AAA. for my gcse I emailed them and they said they will still consider me.
    and this year I am hoping to get A*AB in economics, rs and history

would you say I should not apply to Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    the entry requirement is AAA. for my gcse I emailed them and they said they will still consider me.

You can apply but my feeling is an offer is unlikely - your preductions look far too high for your academic record [I'm a teacher and we would only predict A* with a very high A at AS]

Make sure there are other more realistic choices ...

ReputationRep:

Apply. What's the worst that could happen? You've got 5 choices. But make sure you have other choices which are "guaranteed"; don't gamble on all five choices, as this one is a gamble.

ReputationRep:

You can still apply but make sure you pick some universities with lower entry requirements for your other choices. You never know, you might get lucky and receive an offer from Manchester but if you work under the assumption that you won't, you can have a solid backup plan in place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    You can apply but my feeling is an offer is unlikely - your preductions look far too high for your academic record [I'm a teacher and we would only predict A* with a very high A at AS]

I don't agree - You can easily turn Bs at AS into A's for A2 - just work really, really hard - and definitely apply for Manchester! You have 5 options so you might as well, plus I got BBC in AS - turned it around and am now going to Bristol to do Law so anythings possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)

Manchester is my only ambitious choice, and those aren't my predictions that what I want to achieve (as in my personal target gradr)

Thanks fo your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wrf95)
    I don't agree - You can easily turn Bs at AS into A's for A2 - just work really, really hard - and definitely apply for Manchester! You have 5 options so you might as well, plus I got BBC in AS - turned it around and am now going to Bristol to do Law so anythings possible
    Wow that's so impressive! I'm planning on working incredible hard this year, so hopefully I will do well

And we'll done on your place at Bristol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for your feedback

Manchester is my seriously ambitious option and the place I really want to go,

But my other four choices are safer lol :P

Thanks for letting me know your opinions I'm definitely going to apply now and just pray they take my application seriously

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2015

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.