Turn on thread page Beta

Traveling while studying? is it a good option? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm new here. I was simply wondering about the idea (which I'm betting a lot of you have encountered) of travel studying? meaning traveling while studying or vice versa. With the availability of online modules now it's truly possible right? But won't studying abroad simply be better? Just curious about your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma.G)
    Hi,
    I'm new here. I was simply wondering about the idea (which I'm betting a lot of you have encountered) of travel studying? meaning traveling while studying or vice versa. With the availability of online modules now it's truly possible right? But won't studying abroad simply be better? Just curious about your thoughts.
    It depends where you are planning on travelling. I study online with the Open University, but moved to China last year for work. I now have been told I can't continue to study with the OU as the course isn't available here. Online programmes are usually only available in certain places.

As for studying abroad, there are a lot of options for cheap study in Europe. Many UK universities have partner universities all over the world, too.

I am currently trying to find a place to study Psychology, but being British myself and having an American boyfriend is making it impossible because of visa restrictions.

Where are you wanting to study?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.