Turn on thread page Beta

Hip (still) hurts when I come up from squats? watch

ReputationRep:
    I strained my hip flexors a couple of months ago, about which I posted my thread and Im trying to get back into doing squats. Ive started with bodyweight squats. Problem is every time I push up to come up from the lowered position, I get sharpish pain the outside part of where my leg bends at the hip, similar to what I felt before :/ Thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3426785

Not quite sure what to do tbh. Ive practised my form any many times before an had it checked by personal trainers who all said it was absolutely fine but I feel as if I will get another injury if I start adding weights.

Might it be a problem of not contracting the correct muscles so as to put to much load on to the hip flexors when pushing up?

ReputationRep:
    might be snapping hip syndrome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XVIII)
    might be snapping hip syndrome
    have you had it before?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by tootles44)
    I strained my hip flexors a couple of months ago, about which I posted my thread and Im trying to get back into doing squats. Ive started with bodyweight squats. Problem is every time I push up to come up from the lowered position, I get sharpish pain the outside part of where my leg bends at the hip, similar to what I felt before :/ Thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3426785

Not quite sure what to do tbh. Ive practised my form any many times before an had it checked by personal trainers who all said it was absolutely fine but I feel as if I will get another injury if I start adding weights.

Might it be a problem of not contracting the correct muscles so as to put to much load on to the hip flexors when pushing up?
    Post a video of your squats so we can see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Post a video of your squats so we can see.
    Ok will do

Also, because I don't want to clog up the fitness forum with yet another thread, seeing as Ive had about 2 months off from training, would you recommend that I go back to a beginners program such as strong lifts 5x5 until Ive built up my strength to a previous level, or to resume with the current plan which is similar but more tailored and Im doing fewer sets and more reps?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by tootles44)
    Ok will do

Also, because I don't want to clog up the fitness forum with yet another thread, seeing as Ive had about 2 months off from training, would you recommend that I go back to a beginners program such as strong lifts 5x5 until Ive built up my strength to a previous level, or to resume with the current plan which is similar but more tailored and Im doing fewer sets and more reps?
    Start back on a beginner programme.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you are stretching as well. I came across a good article on hip and lower back stretches- http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodybl...ower-back-pain I was having some back pain and this helped me out a bunch.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.