Turn on thread page Beta

Long Distance Two Timing Acceptable? watch

Announcements

I recently said yes to going out with a Guy I had been texting all summer. He makes me happy and is very charming/loving however I feel we don't have a lot in common. 'Opposites attract' I know, and I can see myself having fun with him in a different way however I am a deep person and he simply 'scratches the surface'.

I met another guy during a party where I have a tendency to speak the truth and make myself vulnerable for people to open up. He told me things he had never told anyone before and we had the deepest conversations proving our compatibility. I obviously like this guy more, however hes on his gap year and im still at school... Can long distance work?

They both really like me and I don't know what to do about the whole two timing situation... I'm a coward when it comes to break ups!

Tell the first guy that you only want to be friends as soon as possible. As if he likes you as you say he does, then he the sooner you tell him, the less hurt he'll be that you like someone else more. How many times have you met up with the first guy? Does he think you two are dating?

As for long distance relationships, they can certainly work. As you say you're still at school and assuming that you're going on to College and University then you both have your own stuff to focus on as well as the relationship, which can only help.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Tell the first guy that you only want to be friends as soon as possible. As if he likes you as you say he does, then he the sooner you tell him, the less hurt he'll be that you like someone else more. How many times have you met up with the first guy? Does he think you two are dating?

Ive met up with him 4 times now, and yes he definitely knows we are dating... He was a little sexually confident though which annoyed me as it was early days. Hes also very good at persuading me into things... But at the same time he is sweet and does make me smile...

As for long distance relationships, they can certainly work. As you say you're still at school and assuming that you're going on to College and University then you both have your own stuff to focus on as well as the relationship, which can only help.
    That's true, but question, how long can having a relationship on your phone go on for? What do you suggest that we text less? Im at a boarding school and hes about to go off travelling the world..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.