Turn on thread page Beta

Macbook pro loading boot screen watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Basically every time I turn on my MBP it has a grey loading bar like when you install OS X. But after loading it turns off and turning back on again does the same thing.

I've tried command R and re install OS X but it comes up with an error.

HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried these steps?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13976?locale=en_US

Also, try resetting the PRAM and SMC

http://thenextweb.com/lifehacks/2010...c-on-your-mac/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Basically every time I turn on my MBP it has a grey loading bar like when you install OS X. But after loading it turns off and turning back on again does the same thing.

I've tried command R and re install OS X but it comes up with an error.

HELP!
    How long have you had it for? And which year MBP?

Posted from TSR Mobile excuse my typos
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by bigboateng_)
    How long have you had it for? And which year MBP?

Posted from TSR Mobile excuse my typos
    late 2011

ReputationRep:
    First, let's check that the problem is that your Mac won't start up, and not that it won't turn on - it might sound confusing, but there's actually a big difference. Press the Power button on your Mac. If you don't hear a start-up chime, and you don't hear any fan or drive noise, or if there is no images, video or visuals of any sort on your display, then your Mac isn't turning on at all.

A Mac that doesn't turn on is slightly different to one that doesn't start up. Apple suggests that you:

Check the connection to the power.

Try a different power cord or adaptor (if you have one).

Disconnect all accessories (such as printers and USB hubs).

If you recently installed new memory or a new hard drive,make sure they are correctly installed and compatible (if possible re-install the old memory or hard drive).4

ReputationRep:
    You've not had a kernel panic message before have you? Looks like this Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1443149238.272956.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  37.0 KB

Cos my old MacBook did what yours was doing after a kernel panic then it died. I hope you manage to sort it out 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.