Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Am after a bit of help! I was offered a place on the above course to start this September but asked to defer until next year as I had my second baby in July! So I will be starting med school this time next year with 2 children and a husband in tow, all being well! As a mature student and humanities graduate I'd like to do a bit of reading/revision while I'm on Mat Leave and have time on my hands - better now than the inevitable playing catch up when I start. I also need to think hard about childcare so if anyone could help me by uploading/taking screenshots of a few weeks' timetables that would be really useful. Also if you have access via portal to the topics you will be studying that you could share that would be fab!
    Thanks in advance and hope to see you next year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to do any at all...
    I'm a humanities grad and did the GEM course (yrs 1&2 at once) and didn't do any pre reading having not done science since GCSE. They start slowly and then build up so don't worry and enjoy every minute with your new baby!
    The first term is phase 1: aka basic sciences (we didn't really sit through this so I don't know all that much on it but it was apparently A level biology standard etc)
    Then after christmas you start the scenarios (35 in total over 2 years and in 1st year you cover 12)... Which are physiology and anatomy of the abdomen and chest.
    Don't bother pre reading you don't need too do anything, just enjoy your year with your little one!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.