Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Certain websites can do this, the threads in the process keep spinning and waiting endlessly, holding everything up. That's what I think happens.
    I might debug chrome and look into it, never really crossed my mind to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I'm using Google Chrome to browse the web and in the last 2 days whenever I come onto TSR my CPU sky rockets to between 90-100% and the fan on my laptop is really loud. The only thing to stop it is to close TSR and suddenly the CPU drops and the fan stops whirring. It's not happening on any other website. It took me 4 attempts to create this thread because the page just freezes and I have to kill it.

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it? Thanks
    TSR's new text editor makes browsers cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    TSR's new text editor makes browsers cry.
    Might be what the problem I've been having is! I always have TSR open and I use a Chrome based browser, and looking on Task Manager I sometimes get high CPU usage too. Most of the time it's okay though.

ReputationRep:
    CTRL+ALT+DEL , close some programs or applications.
    Or
    Install CC Cleaner and close unwanted files which cluttered the computer, specifically your browser.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a better CPU

Not the right answer? Oh
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    sorry for being unhelpful but I actually lol'ed at this, tsr really is a whirlwind in your life :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, didn't know this was a thing tbh :eek: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affluentmakaveli)
    CTRL+ALT+DEL , close some programs or applications.
    Or
    Install CC Cleaner and close unwanted files which cluttered the computer, specifically your browser.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neither of which will save you from TSR's sloppy, browser-breaking lack of optimisation.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.