The Student Room Group

Bristol or Birmingham

I want to study mechanical engineering, and I like both of these universities/courses equally. I've been predicted grades which should get me offers from both. However, Birmingham offers a year in industry which I'd love to do, but Bristol does not. But Bristol seems to be more prestigious etc. So in terms of after uni, would it be better to go to Bristol or Birmingham?
Also if Birmingham offers me an unconditional offer maybe I'll just take that because then I won't have the stress during exams...?
Reply 1
If you like the courses from both unis I'd say go for Birmingham because of the year out- it will look really good on your CV!
Reply 2
Original post by vg21
If you like the courses from both unis I'd say go for Birmingham because of the year out- it will look really good on your CV!

Actually it just occurred to me- will they help you find a placement and how good are their connections with companies? Only because I know at my uni some people didn't manage to find a placement and so had to drop back to a normal course.
Reply 3
Original post by vg21
Actually it just occurred to me- will they help you find a placement and how good are their connections with companies? Only because I know at my uni some people didn't manage to find a placement and so had to drop back to a normal course.

From my understanding they have pretty good connections, especially with automotive companies :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by -Bex-
From my understanding they have pretty good connections, especially with automotive companies :smile:

If I were you I'd go with Birmingham then, as long as you're aware of the possibility that you might not find a placement- best of luck though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending