The Student Room Group

Bath vs Bristol vs Nottingham

Hi - I’m applying very soon to study economics at university. I have chosen 4 (Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick) but don’t know what to put as my 5th. It’s between Bristol, Bath and Nottingham. I haven’t been to any of the open days, but I have looked online at the courses, and would rank them all very similarly. What do you suggest? Please tell me as much as you can (course, location, accommodation, student life, etc.) :smile:
Haven't visited any of them yet, but I think it'd be a good idea to choose one which has slightly lower entry requirements than the others. All of the ones you've chosen have top end requirements and with how easy it is to miss an A* you might want to consider playing it safe and choosing the course which has lower entry requirements, just in case something does go wrong.
Original post by Mattematics
Haven't visited any of them yet, but I think it'd be a good idea to choose one which has slightly lower entry requirements than the others. All of the ones you've chosen have top end requirements and with how easy it is to miss an A* you might want to consider playing it safe and choosing the course which has lower entry requirements, just in case something does go wrong.

Yeah I agree take a safe option. The four you have chosen already are very competitive. Even with excellent AS grades and predictions you could easily be given 4 rejections.

Quick Reply

Latest