Turn on thread page Beta

When a girl says, "I want a guy that will accept me for who I am" watch

My gf used to get angry almost daily at me for the smallest reasons. She once got angry at me because I was walking too fast, and another time because I wasn't hugging her tightly enough. I told her you can't behave like this or this relationship will never work. Eventually, after a few months, she calmed down a lot and our relationship became a lot stronger. Likewise I too had flaws. I was selfish at times and completely useless at romance. She brought it up with me, and after a few months I'd like to think I improved in those areas.

I like how she made me a better person, and I made her a better person. We helped each other grow.

So when a girl says, "I want a guy that will accept me for who I am", does that mean she doesn't want to improve her weaknesses?

ReputationRep:
    It means she's had more guys in her than a Computer Science lecture

(Original post by donutellme)
    It means she's had more guys in her than a Computer Science lecture
    How'd you come up with that conclusion? xD

ReputationRep:
    It means I don't want to ever diet or exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How'd you come up with that conclusion? xD
    Computer Science is a sausage fest (I should know).

ReputationRep:
    She isn't accepting you for who you are :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I doesn't mean they can't accept or improve their weaknesses , but just that they don't want to feel like they need to impress him. If a guy likes you when you're being yourself and they think no different of you when you have no makeup on , etc, then you feel accepted and appreciated for who you are and you're comfortable around them

ReputationRep:
    My gf used to get angry almost daily at me for the smallest reasons. She once got angry at me because I was walking too fast, and another time because I wasn't hugging her tightly enough. I told her you can't behave like this or this relationship will never work. Eventually, after a few months, she calmed down a lot and our relationship became a lot stronger. Likewise I too had flaws. I was selfish at times and completely useless at romance. She brought it up with me, and after a few months I'd like to think I improved in those areas.

I like how she made me a better person, and I made her a better person. We helped each other grow.

So when a girl says, "I want a guy that will accept me for who I am", does that mean she doesn't want to improve her weaknesses?
    How many times do you lick her?

ReputationRep:
    It means "I'm a ****ing mental selfish queen ***** and I don't really want a boyfriend, what I want is a manservant whose balls I can keep in my handbag"

(Original post by Josb)
    y so dirty?

ReputationRep:
    y so dirty?
    Just wanna help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Staying classy as always m8 :yy:

for me personally its because i think girls have a lot of standards set on them. my skin gets really bad sometimes and i have scars on my arms from acne and i cant help either of these things but my boyfriend doesnt mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Staying classy as always m8 :yy:
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    When I say it I mean I don't want to be with someone wants to change me or judges me for things beyond my control because even if I did want to change those things, they will always be there. So if you can't love me with those things, whatever they are, I will have to move on and find someone who will because I deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    It means she's been drilled more times than Midwestern Texas.

ReputationRep:

It means she's basically wants to be the dominant one in the relationship allowing for the beta male to be cucked rather easily.

ReputationRep:
    It can be interpretated as a way of your significant other expressing that she does not wish to be judged upon her outward appearance, which means all her excellent attributes and perhaps, some imperfections that she may particularly dislike. Therefore she wishes to have an individual in her life that will truly accept ger genuine self, excluding the façade, for which both females and males execute to perhaps achieve high amounts of admiration for eradicating a sense of worthlessness, maybe? This may be the incorrect interpretation, but I have seen this social process occurring persistently through my observations.

ReputationRep:
    "I never want to improve, ever."

ReputationRep:
    --

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.